Just checking in!

Options
Hi Ladies!!! How is everyone doing with their workouts and nutrition? Are you staying on track? I am just finishing up my second week or Insanity and Piyo combo and loving it!!

Replies

• ramurray8
    ramurray8 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My eating is still off-track, but exercise is on-track lately.

I'm hoping that by filing out MFP I'll be more mindful of my eating. I go through periods where I use MFP religiously and other times when I don't. I find that i lose more weight when I use it.

I take a couple exercise classes during the week and I'm really happy that I've stuck to my schedule the last two weeks. My goal is to work out 3-4 times/week but that is SOOOO hard as a working mom. Time at the gym is bascially time that I'm away from my child. So I've been working out during lunch 2times per week and then I try to do one workout with my kiddo on the weekend (running with stroller or weights during bathtime).

This year I discovered HIIT-type workouts and that is changing everything for me as a working mom. I literally only have a half-hour to work out and those high-intensity/low minute classes are the best for my schedule. I use to be a fan of hour long yoga and long runs, but sheesh, who has time for that?

A coworker turned me onto Fitness Blender (they have a youtube channel) and I did one of thier videos this weekend. pretty awesome and free. CHeck them out.

Sorry my "checking in" turned into a bit of an introduction post...hope no one minds!
  • GetFitWithPolina
    Options
    I know how hard it is to dedicate time to working out. I am a HUGE fan of HIIT workouts and I don't usually spend more then 30 mins a day for my workouts. I do DVDs at home and it has been working great!! Keep up the good work!!
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was suppose to start herbel detox last week but my baby caught viral.. dint get time to exercies.. also i dint eat healthy.. however have lost ~2 pounds.. :)
  • GetFitWithPolina
    Options
    I am sure you will get back on track.. but that's great news about 2 lbs! I hope your baby feels better!!!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am struggling, I never can seem to stick with anything, need to get down past the 140's but it sucks now as I am on holidays starting tomorrow and worried that I will gain. Hoping I can control my eating habits.

Getfitwithpol, are you trying the Piyo by Chalene Johnson, how you finding it, I am hoping to get it around xmas as Canada Costco usually carries fitness DVD's and sets after xmas for a good deal and can avoid the shipping.