Blood ketones dropping

Options
Ligenliefde
Ligenliefde Posts: 28 Member
Hi Everyone. Just wanting some advice and input please. I have been doing keto for about 6-7 weeks. My blood ketones have been between 2.2 and 3.1 consistently. In the last 2-3 days they have dropped to 0.8 - 1.4. My blood glucose has been consistently normal. I haven't changed anything as far as I'm aware so I have no explanation for this. I was just wondering if any of you with more keto experience than me can tell me what's going on. (my food diary is open). Have a great Saturday.

Replies

• recker80
    recker80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I viewed your diary. I have a few suggestions and I did notice something that could be causing the drop. For keto you need to avoid spikes in blood sugar. About 2 weeks ago you started using mayonnaise with 5 or 6 grams of sugar (don't eat that) mayo should have no carbs. You also don't eat much. Get your calories up to at least 1500 most days of the weak, too little calories and your body will start to use muscle and you want it to burn fat for fuel. I think simply you are starving yourself. Also Sunday you had straw berry's and this can spike blood sugar. A few days you had 10-11 carbs (mostly sugar) in one meal. That's too many at one sitting. Your condiments should not ever use more than 4-5 carbs a day. Also avoid avocado if you want to stay in keto. My experience is that woman have trouble with it.
  • recker80
    recker80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The tangy mayo has a lot of sugar, that was a change and it's giving you sugar carbs when you really want fiber carbs