No HRM? No Problem!

Hi guys,

A Heart Rate monitor is really important but not everybody owns one, so I've found a site that will really help to estimate (quite accurately) exactly how many calories you burn per each individual Insanity DVD.

I hope you find it useful but in my opinion the site shouldn't be used as a complete replacement for a HRM but more of a tool to help you until you can purchase a good monitor.

http://insanitycalories.com/

Replies

• tcole1414
    tcole1414 Posts: 9
    Thank you!!!!!
  • I have no heart rate monitor. I just use my two fingers,and calculate my heart rate at each interval. From that, I have a general estimate of my heart rate for the duration of the workout and the warmup. I take that and I put it into the HR based calculator on shapesense.com.

I will try that calorie calculation next, and see what it comes up with. Some might not be accurate for all, so just track your progress to see what is accurate for you!

"DIG DEEPER!"
  • Mystique225to504
    Mystique225to504 Posts: 11 Member
    I think that my HR monitor was the best investment I have made toward my fitness goals. No guess work and I always know where my heart rate is. I say just save up and buy one because I don't think that you will be disappointed.
  • inthekitch
    inthekitch Posts: 26
    I totally rely on this website, it's great!
  • :D Glad it helps :smile:
  • aldeanancy
    aldeanancy Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks a lot!!
  • aldeanancy
    aldeanancy Posts: 6 Member
    I definitely am aiming towards getting a HRM! Hopefully soon!