Just joined the group

Options
airdale8263
airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
A 26+ year Navy veteran. Was in shape while I was in the service. Retired and got a desk job....and stopped exercising. Quit smoking over 16 years ago..added to the weight issue -- food tasted so much better. Found out I was a diabetic and lost weight (65 lbs in 9 months) but put it all back on plus some. Attending a couple of weight reduction classes and found out about MFP....thought I would give it a try. A great decision..great support from folks.

Since I joined back in August I have lost over 90 lbs and I am now maintaining my weight loss. Losing the wieght was so mush easier...:laugh: :laugh:

Just had a total hip replacement in April and I am so glad I got it done. The pain is gone and it has helped with the left knee pain also.

May have the age of being over 60 but not the feeling since I have the weight. Exercise more now than I have in years and the energy is great!!

Replies

• debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well - Hey there!
    glad to see you join, the group has some really good support and is very active! Welcome
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Thanks Deb!:smile:
  • ustillcan
    ustillcan Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome. Pretty new here myself.
    Joyce
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You've had a great weight loss journey and significant health improvement. We are a good group to help you maintain it! Lots of encouragement and support. Several members are like you - on maintenance - and they are very helpful and insightful.

Charlie
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the group - hope you stick with us - no snarkiness on here like on the general forum.

Well done on your weight loss, but you are right, maintaining will be hard, because maybe you want to relax a bit. I'm sure you will work it out.

Jen
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a former Navy wife. My husband (now ex) was in the Submarine Service. We were stationed in New London, Connecticut, in 1968. When he got out, we moved to Rochester, NY. I'm still here.
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good to see another male in the group :happy:

I have found this group to have very supportive people, I am sure you will enjoy being a member.

- JB
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: Great weight loss !!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group and congrats on the great loss.