Do you get hot after drinking BP coffee?

Options
kthor036
kthor036 Posts: 7 Member
I know this is a strange question, but I just started drinking Bulletproof Coffee in the morning. I love how it keeps me satisfied until lunch; however, I've noticed while and after I'm drinking it, my body temperature increases. Is that normal? In the winter, it would be a great thing but in the summer in New Orleans, not so much. I'm wondering if this is my bod adjusting to the fat or if I should hold off drinking it until the winter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    switch to iced coffee ?
    I haven't noticed it. I find the coffee is actually quite a bit cooler than my normal brew. The butter brings it down quite a bit. I haven't noticed any thermal properties. Just that I feel like a rock star.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I hope this won't get me kicked out but....I don't really care for BP coffee. I have made it several times and it was just "eh." I am just gonns stick with regular coffee. :wink: :drinker:
  • cew3028
    cew3028 Posts: 32
    Options
    Ascrit you aren't alone. I tried it twice. Tasted ok. Threw it up both times about half an hour later. Done trying :(
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that overwarm feeling too, but not every time I drink my version (1 tsp coconut oil, with cream or full fat milk), just now and then. I am post-menopause, so it may just be triggering a hot flash or two for me :) dunno.
    It does leave me feeling full and happy, though.
  • PJBisbee
    PJBisbee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is a bit off topic, but does anyone use coconut milk in their coffee? I had some left over (canned coconut milk) and used it up by adding it to my coffee during the week plus added a bit of coconut oil. Loved the silky smooth texture of the coffee, and the taste. But is it healthy to drink coconut milk everyday like this? (I know the oil is healthy, just not sure the milk is??)
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If it is natural and lacking additives there is no reason coconut milk would be unhealthy for you.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    The "getting hot" feeling is a GREAT thing. Your metabolism is revving up. I get the same thing if I eat whale fat (I live with Inuit people in the Arctic). Marine mammal fat is the only reason people were able to survive in the cold Arctic.

Increased metabolism means that you are burning more calories/stored fat = YAY!
  • kthor036
    kthor036 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for responding! I've noticed a lot of changes in my body and how it reacts to foods since going Paleo. It's a slow learning process but in the long run so beneficial. The support in this group is great and much appreciated.