Balance

Options
zcb94
zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
I have no idea how my classmates manage to stay sane under such a tight schedule. How's a young adult supposed to juggle the many needs that come with existence in a wheelchair(in my case), life as a Christian who wants to maintain the Temple, studies, the homework that comes from such studies, chores, and a healthy family and social life while still leaving as much as or more than 30 mins-1 hr daily to work out? Right now, school is (undesirably) the center of my world, not family, not health, not faith. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I still eat right, but am already so behind on exercise that I think I'd have to spend a whole day (midnight to midnight) on my hand bike to make up lost hours but I don't want to punish/hurt myself like that if I don't have to do so. What should I do? I can't wait to restart working out until I graduate if I want to live to graduate. Thanks in advance and sorry for the rant!

Replies

• poetgirl115
    poetgirl115 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a girl in my graduate class that records our lectures and listens to them as she works out. It doesn't work for me, but to each her own. As far as balance, that is a question that plagues all of us! I found multitasking is my best friend. Often, I have my laptop out doing research and typing papers while spending time with my family. I take my kindle with me to my friends' D&D games to read school texts when it's not my turn, and I stagger my workouts on study breaks: 30 minutes studying, ten minutes walking, repeat as needed. lol Hope this helps!

66705460.png
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I have a girl in my graduate class that records our lectures and listens to them as she works out. ... Often, I have my laptop out doing research and typing papers while spending time with my family. ... I stagger my workouts on study breaks: 30 minutes studying, ten minutes walking, repeat as needed.

Some of that just might, thanks for the idea. The recorder method (which I use for notetaking assistance anyway) will probably take care of school and homework blues, but what about the other factors I mentioned? Life in a wheelchair comes with its own set of rules that may conflict with school.

I don't want to be rude and ignore my folks or friends in favor of my computer.

Even at a Christian university, it's hard to find time to even give my King the time of day! :embarassed: :sad: