What's Your Water Intake? Daily Check in

Options
I don't know how many of you are NOT big fans of water? I'm not (recovering soda addict), but I know if I want to get my body in better health, I have to give it the right fuel. That being said, I've given up soda while on the 21 day fix. No bubbly drinks at all for me. Also, it is very necessary to hydrate your body properly so that you can shed the pounds.

I think this is a great idea for us to check in daily to keep track of how much water you've drank as well as if you're on target.

Daily hydration is key to losing weight. I used this hydration calculator to give me the amount of water I'm supposed to consume daily. 97-100 oz (3 liters). 3 LITERS??? Now if this was soda, would be no problem! lol. But seriously, the amount is the TOTAL amount of liquids, that includes any other beverages as well as the liquid found in the foods you eat.

Anyway, here is the link: http://www.hydracoach.com/calculation/

I'll be checking in later today as well!

Replies

• myepsen
    myepsen Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Excellent idea Jewel, I think the accountabliity is the best part of this support group!

I don't have any water consumption issues. As soon as I wake up I drink 32oz right away, then I drink water throughout the day. I average around 10 glasses a day...however I just did the calculation from that website...and it says I need to take in at least 12 a day. OY!!!: noway:

Michelle
  • PeaceMama2002
    Options
    I'm a fan of water with lemon. It's my main drink of choice.

I'm fortunate to live in the foothills of the Cascades. Our tap water is straight from aquifers. Better than bottled water ;)

Most days I get in around 100 oz.
  • myepsen
    Options
    I'm fortunate to live in the foothills of the Cascades. Our tap water is straight from aquifers. Better than bottled water ;)

Where are you at? I am in the PNW also - Everett area.
  • PeaceMama2002
    Options
    Small world. I'm a bit east of Redmond.
  • jewelsnyc
    jewelsnyc Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Ladies...you guys are getting the water in!! Way to go! I struggle, but I'm not drinking soda at all (4th day!) and very little juice..so my water intake is getting better. So far I'm almost done with 16oz. I'm going ot hit the goal today with my intake (positive thinking)
  • myepsen
    Options
    Good job on not drinking the soda Jewel...you got this!!

Yesterday I drank 96oz. One thing I do to change things up is add a little sparkly to my water - I have a soda stream so I just inject a little CO into it and then add a few drops of lemon and lime juice or maybe some frozen berries - jazzes it up a tich.
    I usually have wine with dinner but I am not drinking any during this challenge so the sparkly water in my wine glass seems to be doing the trick :)
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Today I drank around 64 oz. I really need to get that number up!!!
  • ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
    I noticed the plan calls for 8 cups a day but I know I need more.
    My goal is 3 liters a day so 12 cups.
    I bought some 1L bottles of flavored perrier.
    To make sure I am getting all my water in I make sure I drink 4 glasses in the time before breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Flavored Perrier gives me a little boost and I have the True Lime, Lemon, and Orange which REALLY helps.
    No more Dasani flavored water liquid for me - I started using it when I stopped Diet Coke but know it has the artifical sweeteners as well.

Drink up!
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How is your daily water going, gang? I admit I was not as high as it should have been earlier this week but I'm determined to get it in today!
  • myepsen
    Options
    Water intake is steady at around 90oz a day!