Vegetarian/Pescatarian and Atkins

Options
Hi,

I've just started Atkins on Monday. I don't eat any meat but I do eat fish. Just wondering if there were any others doing this or if anyone had any advice?

I have had some quorn products like quorn mince. As it has a higher fibre content than carb content does this mean its ok to eat or do I still have to be really careful as it contains carbs (even if net carbs are nil?)

I seem to be quite low on calories (around 900) and on fat. I think i'm a bit frightened of having high fat things like butter and cream as I dont want to put on weight if my carbs are too high with being veggie.

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    http://www.atkins.com/Program/Overview/Ways-to-Customize-Atkins,-Your-Diet-Plan/Atkins-for-Vegetarian.asp

There's a customizable food planner at the site so you can select fish as your only meat.
  • bex_445
    bex_445 Posts: 4
    Options
    Sorry if I'm being stupid, but I cant see an option to do that. It only comes up with information on doing Atkins as a vegetarian. It would be great if I could customise it to having fish. Could you tell me how to do that please?

Indulged in a coffee with cream today. Felt really guilty having it as it felt like i was 'cheating'! At least it has upped my calories and fat for the day, but i've still never eaten more than about 950 since starting so my diary keeps telling me I could put my body into starvation mode and therefore not loose weight? Not sure what I can eat to up this while keeping my carbs down. Especially since, unbelievably, i'm not hungry! First two days I could have eaten my arm but today I had smaller portions and felt satisfied. That's also very strange for me - before if i had a dinner of fish, potatoes and veg i'd be hungry after a couple of hours! Hope I don't break this diet through bordem as it seems amazing that my eating habits and hunger levels have changed so quickly. Thinking of a cheeky weigh-in tomorrow morning as it seems to good to be true. Might also give me more motivation to get through the weekend. Fingers crossed.