Pals and motivation

whatcarl
whatcarl Posts: 12 Member
I'm starting my weight loss journey again, third time lucky fingers crossed. I have always come so close to my weight loss goal but then i get back into my old ways and before you know it im back here again. I have recently moved to Melbourne so i haven't got any one to exercise and get fit with, so i thought next best thing would be meeting people online.

Would be awesome to get to know some other people on here.

Replies

• pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Hey I know how you feel! I've been on and off here and I feel like I've lost and regained the same 5 kilos like five times! But every time you fall off and get back on the wagon you learn something new! Like nowdays I look back on some of the things I tried a few years back, and I can see why I failed! And I've also learned so many tricks that make logging a lot simpler than it was at first. All you can do is keep at it!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Well I think we have all been there at some time!! I am 45, log in every day and about to start Maxine's Challenge next week for that added kick up the butt to get me back into peak shape. If you would like to add me as a friend, please do.

If you are interested in the challenge there is some information here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18887-trim-taut-and-terrific-aussies. Maybe that will be the added inspiration that you need?

If not, MFP is the way to do it. I've lost a heap of weight just watching the food I put in my mouth and found a whole new approach to health along the way.
  • whatcarl
    Thanks ill check it out!
  • lallypip
    lallypip Posts: 6
    I'm also in Melbourne and signed up for MFP in the weekend- day 3 and I have more motivation to do this right this time, more so than when I was doing other plans that I paid my hard earned money for!

Melbourne seems like a great place to be if you're wanting to start a weight-loss journey- although so much good food to eat there are plenty of healthy options too, when the weather holds up the outdoor lifestyle options are great. Are you into running or walking at all?
  • whatcarl
    Hey lallpip, how you enjoying MFP so far? I'm starting off walking for the first month then ill starting including jogging and take it from there. I still new here to so i just exercise around my area but it would be good to find to find some nice walking/running tracks or parks.
  • lallypip
    lallypip Posts: 6
    Hey goodtimeahead,

MFP seems to be just what I was needing! I'm still in my first week so we'll see what truths the results reveal over the next few weeks! I've been walking 5-6km in the evenings, I live in the Inner West so just around my neighbourhood and I did a bit of the Maribyrnong river last night, it was nice to mix it up a little. I'm planning to hit a chunk of the Altona Coastal track this weekend, we'll see what Melbourne's weather has to say about that though! I'm also starting off with walking and plan to add some jogging and build my fitness up a little that way, I did a couple of Sri Chinmoy walks last year, they were great. What part of our fair city are you in?
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Welcome back, I live in Melbourne, so you have moved to the greatest sport orientated city in the world. If you can get passed the crappy weather at the moment, like taking off like a kite today.

To answer your question about walks and running tracks; the tan has a great track +/- 5kms as does around Albert park lake also +/-5kms and there is the beach road by St Kilda walking/running path and bike path if you have one of those too.
  • whatcarl
    Hey goodtimeahead,

MFP seems to be just what I was needing! I'm still in my first week so we'll see what truths the results reveal over the next few weeks! I've been walking 5-6km in the evenings, I live in the Inner West so just around my neighbourhood and I did a bit of the Maribyrnong river last night, it was nice to mix it up a little. I'm planning to hit a chunk of the Altona Coastal track this weekend, we'll see what Melbourne's weather has to say about that though! I'm also starting off with walking and plan to add some jogging and build my fitness up a little that way, I did a couple of Sri Chinmoy walks last year, they were great. What part of our fair city are you in?

Looks like we both have the same idea with exercise to start off with. Ill have to look into the places you mentioned if there not to far away i might give them a go, but like you said depending on the weather. I'm in Pascoe Vale atm
  • whatcarl
    Welcome back, I live in Melbourne, so you have moved to the greatest sport orientated city in the world. If you can get passed the crappy weather at the moment, like taking off like a kite today.

To answer your question about walks and running tracks; the tan has a great track +/- 5kms as does around Albert park lake also +/-5kms and there is the beach road by St Kilda walking/running path and bike path if you have one of those too.

I was lucky i got my exercise done in the morning, the weather was pretty good then. Ill have to look into the places you mentioned thanks for the help