Sleeve Post Op -- Pureed Ideas....

Options
that taste good.

I'm having a very difficult time getting in the necessary number of proteins. Not for lack of trying. I do enjoy Isopure Chocolate protein shakes -- and have been doing about 1 1/2 scoops daily for over a month. But I'm getting to the point I need something else.

My MD said I could do Wendy's chili (without pureeing it! ???) So I figured I could just brown some good quality ground beef and eat it plain (with a TBS of catsup). That's good -- but still low protein.

I'm not liking the Unjury unflavored protein. It clumps in my broth, makes the OJ taste funky... just not a fan.

So those of you who have made it through this phase -- I'm open to your suggestions.

Also -- will be on vacation next week (week 2 of pureed) and am very nervous about trying to eat in restaurants. Soup broths and cottage cheese will likely be my go to option. Maybe some mashed w/o gravy. Any other ideas?

I've had very little true pain with or post surgery -- but getting the necessary pills down and the necessary proteins in has been more than a challenge!

Not giving up! Just looking for your ideas!

Thanks

Kate

Replies

• Lrin34
    Lrin34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used Lean Shakes from GNC. They tasted great and I had no trouble getting them down. They are 25 grams of protein a shake. I am three months post op and I still have trouble getting all my protein in. I also went to Arby's and they shredded up their meat for me then I went home and purred it. I also did the baby food diet.