Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Timed or distance?

LemonsAndCoffee
LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
Hi all! I am just starting week 3 and I am at the point where I can continue with timed runs or switch to distance runs. (I am using the RunDouble app and up to week 3, it's all timed) For example, this week I can either do warm up; 90 sec run; 90 sec walk; 3min run; 3 min walk; repeat OR warm up; 200yrd run; 200 yard walk; 400 yard run; 400 yard walk; repeat. I am not sure which one to go with? Are there benefits of one over the other?

Replies

• Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Personally I like the timed ones, because then I don't have to mark out the distance and figure out where to start and stop. I like having the little chime in my pocket that tells me when to run and when to walk. I'm a neighborhood runner/walking, so it's probably different if you're on a track or treadmill and distances are easier to calculate. I think that the times/distances are supposed to be comparable, so it doesn't matter which one you do, they should be about the same effort.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Thanks! That makes sense! I am also doing it in my neighborhood and like the ease of not thinking about how far I've been or when I need to turn around.
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Yes Im happy with the time as week. speed will come with time which then will cover distance.

Im now on week 3 aswell.... :-):smooched:
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    My app is timed, and I love it. It's the Active.com one. I haven't tried the distance-based option or other apps, though, so I can't really tell you whether I'd prefer them... I'd say if you're interested to do both and decide what works best!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    How did it work out for you? I think I'd attempt the distance-based version on a 400-metre track only.