ginger root

Options
ireallyneedit
ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
After being away for a couple of weeks I was skipping through the posts and read someone who was talking about ginger root for artheritis so I went and bought some but.......I needed to know how much you have to eat and how often etc. Goggled it but was not much help. Is there a special site where I can read about it can the person who was talking about it advise further. Thanks.

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I found the following on WebMD:

For arthritis: Many different ginger extract products have been used in studies. The dosing used differs depending on the product taken. One ginger extract (Eurovita Extract 33; EV ext-33) 170 mg three times daily has been used. Another extract (Eurovita Extract 77; EV ext-77), which combines a gingert with an alpinia, 255 mg twice daily has also been used. Another ginger extract (Zintona EC) 250 mg four times daily has also been used.

This is the extract though, not the actual root. I would think that using the actual root grated would help, too. I know a lot of people use it in ice tea along with baking, and asian foods.

Also, look up the benefits of tart cherry juice. Even my rheumatologist recommends that!