Anyone in/near Houston?

Just wondering if anyone was in or near Houston? (I apologize if I missed a previous thread on this)

Replies

• mamadolce6499
    mamadolce6499 Posts: 20 Member
    Im in Houston :)
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    I'm in Houston too!
  • LorrainePratt13
    LorrainePratt13 Posts: 9 Member
    YAY! Houston peeps!

If you don't mind me asking.....who did your surgeries? Did you find any food stores that had a good selection of the protein shakes we're supposed to drink before/after surgery?
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Sorry just now seeing this!
    I had Dr. Carlos Ferrari out of Memorial Hermann Memorial City hospital do mine, he's simply amazing! Personally I tried a lot of different brands of protein shakes, the only one I can stand is BodyFortress Vanilla from Walmart, its good with just a shake in the blender, shake in a shaker, added to coffee (Ive used it as my creamer), added it to oatmeal.
  • mamadolce6499
    mamadolce6499 Posts: 20 Member
    Dr. Yu did my RNY He is absolutely amazing!!!! Look up TLC surgery for info on him. As for shakes... He gave me a list of what I could buy and I chose GNC lean 25, tons of protein not so much sugar. I hate protein shakes and don't drink them any more. I just make sure I eat a lot of protein all the time. All doctors have their own preference on your pre op diet.