Another latecomer :)

Options
DanaW13
DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
I have been looking for a group like this! I have about 15 pounds to lose and need some accountability to motivate myself--a weekly weigh in will be good for me. My son is two years old, and I gained 55 pounds during pregnancy. After I had him I was left with 45 pounds to lose. I lost 30 in the first year after birth, and for the past year I have been stuck, unable to lose the last 15. I really want to make it happen now!

Replies

• Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am in similar situation. I had lost 20 lbs and kept it off for two years. Then I gained back 15 in the last nine months. I had to buy new clothes and am pissed at myself. It all started with one glass of wine, that led to two and to snacking. Fast forward and my hips are back!!!

I am now back on plan. I tossed two bottles of wine down sink and started logging again. I know how to do this. The first two weeks are difficult as I am also breaking the "sit on back porch and drink wine" habit.

Keep posting here for support and motivation. I need help
  • DanaW13
    Options
    I love my wine too! But my weak spot is snacking and little cheats (I don't have to write down that one cracker, or the second...). So let's make this happen now! Good for you ditching the wine (though maybe a glass or two a week would be a good reward--I always allow myself a treat here and there :). )
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    Dana w13. Yes. A glass every now and then k. Not every day!!!! One day down.
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dana :)
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    Good morning all. Day 2 here we go. I feel good. I am golfing this morning. I am looking forward to being outside. I have been thinking about change and self control. I am in control of my life, happiness and success. I am stronger than food and alcohol which cannot stuff themselves into my mouth. They can't move!!!! They are in the cupboard and frig.

Another thought...

Get fit in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen!!!
  • DanaW13
    Options
    I really like your thoughts lambchop! You are right, the food can't get in your mouth on its own, lol. I am going to use this today when the kids are waiving the box of crackers in my face! (I have two small kids, and having their snacks around me all the time is hard!)