Freaking out

Options
This is the 4th night I've binged this week! I don't know whats wrong! Before I go to bed I just wander into the kitchen and eat everything. I feel so out of control! :(

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to change your night time routine. Make sure you're not getting to hungry or restricting too much and if you need to empty your kitchen of trigger foods.
    You can do this.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    The urge to binge should only really be present for about 20 minutes at time. Have you tried implementing coping mechanisms to help you out? You can distract yourself with something that takes focus - I do trivia games on my phone or get really involved in a novel. You can self-nurture and feel that internal happiness that food can sometimes give with something else. I tend to do my makeup or change my hairstyle, or I end up giving myself manicures/pedicures, or exfoliating a bunch. Focus on yourself.

Try and find out the reasons behind the binges. Are you stressed? Are you emotional? Are you trying to find some sort of comfort in the food? Some sort of happiness? If you can replace that with something else, you may be able to help yourself out a ton.
  • kasterrett
    kasterrett Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to graze, too. Maybe you can save calories throughout the day so you can graze a little at night? Do you feel you're actually binging? If you are, then fill in that gap with something else. Instead of wandering around the kitchen, wander around the neighborhood. Clean your backyard. Manage a garden.