New to group/1 year on Paleo

Options
Hi everyone,

I've followed the Paleo plan for a little over a year now. I've moved closer to a 95/5 plan, with the occasional ice cream stop...it is summer after all. No wheat, no sugar, almost no dairy. I lost a ton of weigh when, then stopped for what has been about 6 months. But, I feel better than I've ever felt. I did a round of P90X3. I never thought I could do that! Now I'm training for my first Century and a half bike ride in October. That's 150 miles in two days. Never done a bike ride, but i'm getting there. The Paleo diet has been a bit of a shift and I have to actually work with a Paleo nutritionist to help me get the carbs I need, but we are getting there. I'm looking for people to friend for support, accountability and who understand what it is like to live without regular pizza, burgers with buns and Wonder bread...lol. Yes, I do still miss a few things.

Christine

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I too strive for 95/5. Dairy continues to be my ongoing weakness. I'm just recovering from a holiday right now so the struggles are more than usual. I also had awesome weight loss for a year and a half but have struggled/stalled for the last 7+ months. However, my health improvements are nothing short of amazing so I'm ok with that whether I lose any more weight or not (I think I will lose the excess fat eventually now that I've let go of the calorie obsession that was killing my metabolism).

I'm fairly low carb intentionally as that works best for me but I'm not as active as you either.

I don't miss very many foods but my only hard rule that I never ever break is: "never cheat with wheat". I get carried away with wine, sugar, starch etc when I'm on holiday but as long as i avoid the wheat I usually bounce back pretty fast.

PS. I'm Laurie. :flowerforyou:
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here too, and have been unsure as to what dietary approach to take. I realized that I feel the best when I eat along Paleo lines: chicken or meat or fish or eggs with a bunch of veggies. And green smoothies. I hope it helps me lose weight, too and get my IBS under control.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christine and Mountainrun, We are here to help, if you need some simply ask, if you want to add Paleo friends send an invite. Been here since last year myself and have come a long ways with the help of this community.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christine and Mountainrun, We are here to help, if you need some simply ask, if you want to add Paleo friends send an invite. Been here since last year myself and have come a long ways with the help of this community.

It's a good community. I've found lots of help and encouragement here.