Advice please - new to this!

Options
Cat232013
Cat232013 Posts: 23 Member
Hi

I am completely new to the idea of lifting/weight training, though I have done a lot of reading around the subject, and was just hoping for some friendly advice on my new plan.

I currently can't get to a gym but have dumbbells at home and my aim is mainly to tighten/tone and lose fat. I am not too fussed about scale weight but would like to be smaller. I am 5' 2", 24, female and currently 134lbs
I decided to follow the IIFYM TDEE method and their calculator has given me a target of ~1400 cals, 40% protein, 30% fat, 30% carb.

Is it reasonable to expect results from 3 days a week, say mon/weds/fri (whole body), and then cardio e.g. going for a run if I have time on 'off' days? I have a very sedentary desk job.

Thanks all.

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much how I started. 3x/wk and walking. I'm a paralegal. I sit all day long! I did New Rules of Lifting 4 Women as my first program and I did the first stage at home. You can use dumb bells but you might want to consider a barbell and weights since the idea is to increase the weight you lift, pull, or press.

There are many programs out there - Starting Strength is also a good beginnner program