Packed lunch suggestions

Options
HaggisWhisperer
HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
We are off to watch the Rugby 7s in the Commonwealth games tomorrow. Due to security precautions at all the sporting venues we can't take a cool box for our lunch and we will have to pack everyone separately. We can also only take a max of 500 ml liqueid (means we will have to buy some stuff there anyway. Due to cost and what I imagine will be horrific queues, I'd like to pack as much as possible to take. Does anyone have any good suggestions of what will travel well in the heat will no "cool box" provision? It is unseasonably warm in Scotland at the moment and although forecast to cool down a bit tomorrow I don't want to risk giving the family food poisoning.

Replies

• ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    How about a giant salad? The greens won't be cold but they should be fine. Also, only EVOO for the dressing and you should be good to go!
  • kristenlora
    Options
    What about jerky and dried fruits? Not the most glamorous but it'll do in a pinch! Also apples and small packs of almond butter/coconut butter, chopped veggies with some dip, olive oil or citrus based for the heat. Coconut chips, sweet potato chips, plantain chips. Make your own trail mix with nuts/seeds/dried fruits. Hope this helps a bit!