7/26/2014 Challenge and Goal Setting

Options
mamacoates
mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
Good Saturday Morning to all of you! We are in the last half of July. Thank you to those who are checking in and participating on a regular basis. This week I thought we could rev things up and add a new twist to our week ... While I am normally not in favor of "eliminating" foods from one's diet, what if we just "take a break" from one or more not-so-healthy food options for just one week. In doing so, let's look at how we can replace that choice (just for one week folks) with a healthier choice.

I'll go first. I am pledging to give up French fries and chips (of all kinds) for just this week. I have thought about this a lot and know this will be a stretch for me because of all the bar-b-queing we do during the summer and eating on the run. And I love French fries and chips so yes, this will be a good nutrition challenge for me.

I also saw on the news a few days ago, First Lady Michelle Obama is also taking a break from French fries. So I am in good company. What are YOU willing to give up ... for just one week?

Replies

• chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think it's going to have to be chocolate for me. I'm normally ok with limiting my intake but last week was the end of term and with the staff party, dinner and presents from the children etc. it went a bit excessive!!

I adore chocolate so I will allow myself one hot chocolate per day (at 20 kcal and 2g of sugar per mug it's not too bad) but until next weekend that's it
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Wow Chloe - awesome challenge! I thought about chocolate but couldn't do it this week. Maybe next week. In the meantime, I walked around the kitchen several times yesterday trying to find something to replace my chip craving, and when we went to dinner at In-n-Out last night, I had a simple cheeseburger (no sauce) and no fries, despite my husband's attempts to share his own. Yea me. One day down, six more to go!!

Chloe, you are in my thoughts this week as you take on your no-chocolate challenge. You can do it!!
  • chloe2300
    chloe2300 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Well done on resisting while eating out - my willpower is always pushed to the limit if I'm in a restaurant so congrats!!
  • gsheppy
    gsheppy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I feel aweful I have not posted. It's kinda late but I think I will give up eating cake at work. I didn't have any on Friday night or Saturday. On Friday it was funny it went to get a piece and the chef had just thrown it away and on Saturday the my manager tasted it said she could not even swallow it. I said good I don't need to eat it anyway.
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Well Gen, you can always roll that challenge into next week too. :wink:

My kiddo was on dinner duty last night. Panini's and Doritos ... LOL. I passed on the Doritos and he made me a beautiful little fruit bowl with cherries, grapes and sliced nectarines. I think my favorite summer sandwich is now grilled ham, cheddar and nectarines. It was so yummy!! Happy Friday everyone!!