Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

About to turn 41...

SGM_Adonis
SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
It wasn't very long ago that cholesterol level was in the 300's and so was my body weight. It wasn't too long ago that I'd run out of breath going up a single flight of stairs. It wasn't long ago that I had to take a deep breath just to tie my shoes. It was just yesterday that I banged out ten pullups just to warm up my muscles. It was just a few days ago that I found out that a couple of my shirts didn't fit me...not because they don't fit around my gut, but because they don't fit around my biceps.

No, I'm not boasting, I'm not conceited...not even close. I'm grateful, I'm proud of myself, and am lucky to have discovered this new way of life.

Have a great weekend all!

I'd love to hear about you, about then as opposed to now.

Replies

• gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Man that is amazing and a great thing to be proud of. Quick scan through your pics and looks like lifting is your thing. For me it was not that long ago that I was smoking a pack a day and doing nothing but watching TV. Was not that long ago I decided to run after hitting 155 lbs and thought I would pass out after 1/2 a mile. Was just 2 years ago I quit smoking, and just this past weekend I run 11 miles in upper 80 degree temps hill training at an average pace of 8:45 per mile preparing for a 208 mile relay, my 2nd half marathon, and first full marathon. Hope this winter to get back to lifting more. Great job man hats off to ya.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Man that is amazing and a great thing to be proud of. Quick scan through your pics and looks like lifting is your thing. For me it was not that long ago that I was smoking a pack a day and doing nothing but watching TV. Was not that long ago I decided to run after hitting 155 lbs and thought I would pass out after 1/2 a mile. Was just 2 years ago I quit smoking, and just this past weekend I run 11 miles in upper 80 degree temps hill training at an average pace of 8:45 per mile preparing for a 208 mile relay, my 2nd half marathon, and first full marathon. Hope this winter to get back to lifting more. Great job man hats off to ya.

Thanks man...I'm into fitness really. I do enjoy the weights, but am also doing Crossfit, and whenever I take time off from lifting, I try to log at least 25miles a week running. I can't keep your pace (that's a great pace by the way!), but I'll try to keep my time around 9minute miles.