Another 2 lbs. lost since yesterday!

I have lost another 2 lbs. since I weighed myself yesterday. I am sure that it is water weight, but I am still excited! I am reading the book "The Paleo Diet" by Loren Cordain, Phd. He says in his book that it is not uncommon for people who are obese ( people that have a BMI of 30 or greater), which is me, to lose up to 15 lbs. a month. In the last two weeks, I have lost 11 lbs. I am aware that my weight loss will slow as I get closer to my goal weight, but for now I am so thrilled. I am considered obese, so Dr. Cordain is right so far. Thank you for all your daily support!

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Please look at the pinned "Recommended Reading" for some other valuable sources. Dr. Cordain has his merits but his anti-fat stance (I've heard he's changed his view on that in recent years) is not beneficial for many.

I urge you to switch your focus to health improvements and not just weight loss. I cheered my weight loss in the beginning too and since I was under-eating much of it was lean body mass. Not something that turned out good in the end, unfortunately.

You might consider not weighing every day. Breaking the obsession with the scale will benefit in the long run. I focus on my health and the food and that's what keeps me going now since my previous under-eating killed my metabolism.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    I'll take water weight any day! I haven't read Dr. Cordain's book, but I am categorized as obese and initially I lost some weight but had to reeducate myself in the benefits of natural fats. There is no way that I could sustain in any way of eating without it!