Week 4 (July 28th)

Options
sahiratorres
sahiratorres Posts: 54 Member
We are in Week 4! Halfway done on the calendar!

“Everything in moderation” is a phrase that is so overused in our society. It is true! But who really knows what moderation means... Once a day? Once a week? Once a month? What do you guys think? Do you have things that you limit or moderate yourself from having?

For me, I think once or twice a month is okay. I limit myself from "cheat meals". I still have them because I know I can't be 100% all the time. If I go cold turkey, I think I would cheat more often. Even when I do "cheat", I don't go crazy. I probably have a dessert at one of the meals and I share it if I go to a restaurant.

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Sweat baby sweat ✔️

I don't do cheat days/meals I may eat at maintenance every now and then. In a normal day I still eat what I want I try to plan around an indulgence but if it happens to be spontaneous I don't beat myself up for it, I just move on. This is a lifestyle change for me and I have to work around real world food. I don't buy much junk food so home is easy but other peoples houses or work can sometimes hard but it's life.
  • sahiratorres
    Options
    So true... this isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle change. Sweat is no joke! Here's the thought of the day...

Remember how you feel AFTER your workout! That feeling of energy, strength, and accomplishment! You deserve to feel success after you complete each of your workouts! It is something to celebrate! Most people would say they don’t have the time or energy BUT you did it! That is something to be proud of! Remember that feeling so when you don’t have motivation to workout that will fuel your fire to press play! How do you feel after you finish your workout?

I feel great. I may not be able to get up from the floor...
  • codycsweet
    Options
    Core ✔️. Getting better. I was even able to get it done in the AM and a 2 mile walk :)
  • sahiratorres
    Options
    Nice morning workout! My hours changed so I have to go to work earlier and I am not willing to wake up even earlier to workout. So, I do it when I get home. Maybe I'll switch back when my hours change again.

Let's talk about food! Your challenge is to try something new or re­try something you didn’t like the first time. Taste buds change and adapt over time. What new food will you try today?
  • sahiratorres
    Options
    WATER DAY!!! Today focus on drinking enough water! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

Did you know that the rule of thumb of how much water you should drink in a day is half your body weight in ounces? So, if you weigh 150 lb, then you should drink 75 oz of water a day.
  • codycsweet
    Options
    Try to get in 10-12 cups if I don't I feel like crap especially the next morning.
  • codycsweet
    Options
    Strength intervals ✔️ I didn't even want to do piyo today. It's TOM and I did Zumba this morning rested for awhile and remembered I don't let TOM control me so now it's done and I feel really good about not giving I to my urge to just veg and forget about my commitment to myself and piyo. ????????????????????
  • sahiratorres
    Options
    I can completely understand codycsweet about the TOM. I have a condition on that at it can rule my life if I let it. I am glad you decided to tell it you are in charge. Awesome attitude! Love it!
  • sahiratorres
    Options
    It's the last day of Month 1. Who's happy? I am! I noticed that I am getting stronger and stronger and I love it! So...

Many people think... I ate healthy and worked out all week I am going to reward myself with going out to eat and ordering whatever I want... lets think about that. A pound of fat is about 3,500 calories. On average a restaurant meal is about 1,200­1,800 calories. Now that all depends on what you order and what kind of restaurant you are at! The average italian meal is about 1,700 and 1,400 being a typical American food restaurant. BUT do you get appetizers or beverages... that adds calories too! Ok so you go out to eat and “indulge” because your midset is telling you “you were good all week you deserve it” and you eat whatever you want, don’t pay attention to portions, you get a drink, and an app/dessert that could be 2,000 calories which is more than a half a pound. Do you see how this cycle will not lead you to losing weight? It will lead you to gaining more? My point is don’t indulge and gorge yourself just because you feel like you “deserve” it! Everything in moderation.
  • codycsweet
    Options
    Burn baby burn sculpt is no joke on the glutes and Hammies. I didn't get to finish the last 6 minutes bc I disc won't play. Customer service is sending me a new one

Darn auto correct
  • sahiratorres
    Options
    Oh no! Sorry to hear about the disc. Did you try playing it on something else like your computer? That sometimes help. At least you are being sent another one. Sculpt was no joke. My buns and legs are still on fire. :D It's my favorite workout so far.