Hello: C25K 3 years later

Options
vgnrnr
vgnrnr Posts: 11 Member
I started C25K on a whim three years ago. I struggled my way through it and repeated days and weeks every time I failed to make it through a run. Three years down the road I'm in amazingly better shape, a hundred pounds lighter, and am training for another hundred mile trail race. If you're just starting out or struggling on some of the harder days just keep working -- it eventually gets easier and definitely more fun!

Replies

• emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the inspirational post! I just graduated c25k a couple of weeks ago. I used the time option, and I'm now trying to increase my distance to 5k. Your post gives me hope that I can do this!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post.

I graduated C25K about 1 1/2 years ago. It does get easier and more fun as we go along. Running is also still challenging as there are so many new goals that one can strive for: longer distance, better time, etc.
    Some days are still rough and it's helpful to be reminded that we are progressing and getting stronger.

Emy_r, you can do this. On the days when you're trying to go further, slow down and take it easy. You'll be able to run a longer distance. You are doing great and congratulations for completing C25K!