PREPARATION CHALLENGE 4 - MONDAY, JULY 28

Options
ATyghter
ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
How was week 3 and how was everyone's weekend? Did you keep up your weekday momentum?

We start our PiYo accountability next Monday (more to come this week about that so check back).

This week's challenges are as follows:

1) Mind - Get an accountability buddy. It's great that we have this group but I always find it helps to have a partner that you can check in with via text, email, phone or even in person. Check in and see if your buddy has been drinking their water all day or if they've managed to get in the day's workout. It might be a good idea to pick one out of this group. Find ANYONE that you can check in with, vent to and root for so that you have all the help you can get on this journey.

2) Nutrition - SMOOTHIE or JUICE it up! Most often what we're missing in our diet isn't protein as is most often thought. We pay so much attention to the macronutrients in our diet (carbs, fat, protein) that we forget all about the micronutrients and minerals that help keep our bodies healthy. Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs are great ways to get in those tiny micronutrients that help our body flourish. Get in as many smoothies or juices (REAL juice [from a juicer or a company who cold presses fresh juice] NO FRUIT JUICE from a box!)

3) Fitness - GET OUTSIDE! All too often we find ourselves in the gym, in our living room, in a class and forget about just getting outside for a no fuss FREE workout! Go for a walk around the block and stop and every bench for a strength training exercise (dips, push-ups etc.). Find a hill and walk or sprint up that hill. Take your kid(s) to the park and climb the jungle gym with them. Swim! Who cares what it is... just get outside and enjoy the weather (it's supposed to rain all week here but I'll figure something out).

One more week of prep and then we're into PiYo.

Let me know if these are helping at all... I can continue these challenges in this manner with the PiYo mixed in if you enjoy the holistic approach to Fitness and Health.

Have a great week ladies!!!

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I haven't purchased the DVD yet... I think I have way too much going on to do that part of this challenge. I like the other challenges you add, I feel they may help me. Can I stay here with you?

I know stretching is important - I still have the warm up stretches from Curves and I try to do them everyday.
  • ATyghter
    ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Of course you can stay Lillian!

I think what I might do is just add PiYo to the end of each week's challenge and then you can just ignore that part.

I'm here to help in whatever capacity I can.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Of course you can stay Lillian!

I think what I might do is just add PiYo to the end of each week's challenge and then you can just ignore that part.

I'm here to help in whatever capacity I can.

Thank you Aly ... :drinker: :drinker: