Protein Powders: What do you suggest?

ramurray8
ramurray8 Posts: 25 Member
Anyone use protein powders? What do you use & why?

I've been using Tone it Up's chocolate for about a month or two. It's okay. I like that it's low sugar and doesn't have diary (I'm lactose intolerant, so I can do dairy, it just requires that I also take a pill).

I use it to add protein to my morning oatmeal (making me fuller longer) and I use it to make a shake as a snack. I'm not using it as a meal replacement, nor do I want to. I like chewing real food too much :)

I'm wondering what else is out there.

Someone suggested Shakology to me, but holy cow! $129 for a 30 day supply, heck no.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    I have been using hyvee brand whey protein powder, chocolate flavor. I like it because it is only 110 calories and 20g or protein per scoop. Although I have been looking for other flavors so I went to GNC and bought their vanilla cream 100% whey protein powder which is 130 calories and 24g of protein per scoop. I think that was $50. As of yesterday they were having a sale, buy one protein powder, get one 50% off.
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    I use rice protein powders because I'm lactose intolerant and I digest rice well.

I really like Tone it up perfect fit powder because it comes in the convenient single serve packets. I carry one in my purse as an emergency snack and I don't have any problems traveling with it in my carry-on. I also like Prairie Naturals rice protein powders for the flavors, it has 24g of protein and 0g of sugar per serving since it's sweetened with stevia.

The Shakeology powders are interesting. The Nutritional fact sheet looks like it's a protein shake combined with a multivitamin.