August Challenge

Options
annayareyone
annayareyone Posts: 38 Member
With 5 months left in 2014 we're going to step it up a bit to make sure we shine during the holiday season in the upcoming months.

Week 1 will be 8/1/14 - 8/10/14
Week 2 will be 8/11/14 - 8/17/14
Week 3 will be 8/18/14 - 8/24/14
Week 4 will be 8/25/14 - 8/31/14

The three focus areas are Fitness, Diet & Mind. There are some pre-set goals for beginners, moderate and active. Or you can create your own personalized goals.

Fitness - Move everyday. Whether it's walking, weight training, working in the garden or shopping let's see how many calories you can burn a day.

–Beginner: 50-149 calories a day; 350 - 1049 calories a week
–Moderate: 150-250 calories a day; 1050 - 1750 calories a week
–Active: 251-350 calories a day; 1757 - 3500 calories a week
–Personal: Create your own goal; calories a day; calories a week

Diet – Replace not so healthy food items or snacks with healthier food items while keeping water as your primary drink. Choose one or more vegetables and/or fruits that you will eat more of to replace any unhealthy food items. Healthier food options are broccoli, spinach, kale, celery, green beans, green peppers, asparagus, avocado, kiwi, banana, apple, oranges and strawberries.

–Beginner: Replace bread with a green vegetable or fruit and drink 64 oz of water a day.
–Moderate: Replace bread and meat with a vegetable or fruit and lean meat, while drinking 64+ oz a day and only 1 cup of coffee or tea.
–Active: Replace bread and dairy with green vegetables or fruit, while drinking 64+ oz a day only water.
–Personal: Create your own goal

Mind – Compliment yourself. You're doing great with working out and changing your eating habits, so you should make sure to give yourself a compliment or pat yourself on the back. :flowerforyou:
Regularly find something nice to say in the mirror to yourself. It can really perk you up and keeps the focus on you. And don’t forget to say, “I love me” while you’re doing it. A few other compliments are:

• “You look really good today.”
• “Great job!”
• “What a good friend you are!”
• “You got through that tough time well!”
• “You go girl!”
• “I'm proud of you for sticking with your goals!”

Weekly goal updates can be posted using the template below:

Week 1 Goal:
Fitness – 200 of calories (walking 30 mins x 6 days)
Diet – No bread & added broccoli, celery & spinach; 64 oz water 7 days
Mind – complimented myself during my workouts.

Week 1 Actual:
Fitness – 210 calories (walking 30 mins x 6 days)
Diet – No bread & added broccoli, celery & spinach; 64 oz water 6 days
Mind – complimented myself each morning and during my workouts and after not eating pizza during the office birthday party.

52987733085289634_fjfTWscm_c.jpg