Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
What are your August goals?

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Be able to run pain-free by the end of the month!

Keep up my 3 runs a week.

Try not to let myself get discouraged because running might be a little boring while I'm sticking with short, easy runs.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm not posting here often since I'm not really advancing much (that's not a whine). During the summer, I'm just glad to keep running and not give up in the heat. :D

For August, my goal is to keep running as strongly as possible and without missing too many (none, if possible) sessions. I enjoy my runs so much that the heat irritates me when it gets in my way. I'm determined to be a stronger runner come fall.

Laura, I'm beginning to think my runs may be a bit boring, too. I live in a suburb where the roads kind of twist and turn and circle each other so there are very few routes I can take and those routes are becoming too familiar (therefore, boring). I need new routes and am contemplating how to get them into my running life. Maybe that's a topic that others can have input to? How does one find new routes to run without spending a lot of time in the car driving to them? Is that even possible?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Laura, I'm beginning to think my runs may be a bit boring, too. I live in a suburb where the roads kind of twist and turn and circle each other so there are very few routes I can take and those routes are becoming too familiar (therefore, boring). I need new routes and am contemplating how to get them into my running life. Maybe that's a topic that others can have input to? How does one find new routes to run without spending a lot of time in the car driving to them? Is that even possible?

I have much the same issue. I'm in an older neighborhood and the way the roads are laid out I have very few options. I will periodically drive somewhere to run a different route.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Similar to last month - keep following my training plan and surpass 160 miles for the month.

I give up on trying to get back into the gym right now. It's just not gonna happen. But I am working on hip strength and some light upper body stuff at home twice a week.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    August Goals:

Run at least twice per week a distance over 5 miles. By the end of the month I would like to be up to 7 miles.
  • muggzie399
    muggzie399 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What are your August goals?

And your goals are? I haven't set any.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My running goal is to stick to my training plan, hopefully without injury!

Other goals include getting on my bike, completing Alpha phase of T25, maintaining 10,000 steps a day and losing 2lb. These may or may not happen.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5k this Saturday and a 10k on the 23rd. Although I scheduled these with a couple of co-workers, I think they've backed out of both.

Hoping to get back into a routine of 3 runs and 3 rides per week, although life has been getting in the way lately.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on rebuilding to where I was prior to my IT Band issues. If I continue to be injury free I'll have my first 50 mile month in a long time now. I have a 5k on the 31st.

I know this one isn't running related at all, but I picked up a mountain bike at a garage sale. I'm no longer stuck on an exercise bike, yeah!! It's so nice to go somewhere when I ride. My longest ride so far is 14 miles. I'm quite a bit slower on a real bike than the exercise bike. Not really sure I understand why, but I enjoy it. I don't know enough about what I'm doing to have a specific goal in mind with this one, just enjoying stretching out the distance.

My last goal is to get a better handle on my eating. I have maintenance down, without wanting to or trying to. But I still have another 40 to go, so maintenance is not where I want to be. It's frustrating, I've been playing with the same 5 pounds since December.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm still working on rebuilding to where I was prior to my IT Band issues. If I continue to be injury free I'll have my first 50 mile month in a long time now. I have a 5k on the 31st.

I know this one isn't running related at all, but I picked up a mountain bike at a garage sale. I'm no longer stuck on an exercise bike, yeah!! It's so nice to go somewhere when I ride. My longest ride so far is 14 miles. I'm quite a bit slower on a real bike than the exercise bike. Not really sure I understand why, but I enjoy it. I don't know enough about what I'm doing to have a specific goal in mind with this one, just enjoying stretching out the distance.

My last goal is to get a better handle on my eating. I have maintenance down, without wanting to or trying to. But I still have another 40 to go, so maintenance is not where I want to be. It's frustrating, I've been playing with the same 5 pounds since December.

Love that you got a mountain bike! How are you doing with inches, if your weight has been stable?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I intend to run at least twice weekly. Hot and humid is hard for me (relative weather, Northern Europe is so cool usually) but I'll do my best to run either early or late.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Varda, my measurements have only had minor fluctuations, 1/2inch up, 1/2 in down. This is why I need to get a better handle on my food.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Varda, my measurements have only had minor fluctuations, 1/2inch up, 1/2 in down. This is why I need to get a better handle on my food.

Fair enough. Good luck on it!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Continue with Stronglifts 5x5 weeks 8-11, finish c25k (yesterday), run 3 times a week and finish weeks 1-3 of zen labs c210k app. And continue the process of body recomposition at the same time like the last 5 months. And have a weeks holiday with the family. Continue writing and achieving weekly goals, continue monitoring monthly, quarterly and annual goals. All on schedule at the moment although I may make the annual goal a bit more challenging, it was to run the Robin Hood half marathon in sept 2015, I am now looking at half marathons at the end of q1 2015 and q2 2015 as well. Three in total.
  • dlcoaching
    dlcoaching Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not posting here often since I'm not really advancing much (that's not a whine). During the summer, I'm just glad to keep running and not give up in the heat. :D

For August, my goal is to keep running as strongly as possible and without missing too many (none, if possible) sessions. I enjoy my runs so much that the heat irritates me when it gets in my way. I'm determined to be a stronger runner come fall.

Hi,

If I may suggest, instead of driving to measure mileage for routes, you can use Mapmyrun.com and make your route around your area. It tells you were each mile or km will be on the route you create. I have made several different routes, different km, printed these and in the morning I choose a route and go. :)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Similar to last month - keep following my training plan and surpass 160 miles for the month.

I give up on trying to get back into the gym right now. It's just not gonna happen. But I am working on hip strength and some light upper body stuff at home twice a week.

I ended up with 131 miles for August. Far from my goal and below June & July. It was a tough decision to skip several runs but it was needed to get my achilles tendonitis under control. Now it's getting much better and I am cleared to run as many miles as I am comfortable with, just no speedwork right now. This first week of September will be my highest weekly mileage ever and a big test of my recovery.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5k this Saturday and a 10k on the 23rd. Although I scheduled these with a couple of co-workers, I think they've backed out of both.

Hoping to get back into a routine of 3 runs and 3 rides per week, although life has been getting in the way lately.

I ran the 5k, but waited on the 10k until yesterday. I ended up with 14 bike days and 10 run days for the month and a total of 340 miles.