No Gi-Jiu Jitsu

Options
I'm trying to get information on weight loss by only doing Jiu Jitsu. If anyone has any information please send it my way.

Replies

• rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I started brazilian jiu jitsu at 245lbs or something close to that. I was able to get down to 215lbs by just training but wanted to continue weight loss. The key for me was diet. Until I actually became aware of what and how I was eating I stalled on the weight loss. I was able to get to 175lbs at my lightest just with training jiu jitsu 4-5 days a week and eating more whole foods (i.e green vegetables, lean proteins) and limiting my intake of processed foods. Not sure if that is what will work for you but it was the key to get my body down past the 200lb mark.
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't train just no gi though. I mostly train gi and a day or two of no gi.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people who have lost very serious weight grappling. It's an unbelievably good workout, and one that you'll actually love to do. Keeping fit is a lot easier when one of your biggest frustrations is not having enough free time to practice as much as you want to.

I actually get more tired doing Gi than no Gi generally, but I am face-down and heaving after a good session of either.

Just ask yourself how many out of shape wrestlers you ever saw when you were young... it's no coincidence.