Feeling sooo full!

Options
mountainrun73
mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
Oh man, I just started Paleo (following a Whole 30) a few days ago. I am enjoying my coffee black, and eggs for breakfast, but after yesterday's and today's breakfasts, I feel extremely full. In fact, yesterday, I couldn't even eat lunch beyond a slice of turkey with some mayo (homemade).

Today I had 2 scrambled eggs with sauteed broccoli, pepper, onion and a bit of sweet potato. And 2 slices bacon. I feel like I'm going to pop out of my pants! Am I eating too much? Yesterday's breakfast was 2 basted eggs over sauteed spinach with cherry tomatoes.

Is this normal? I looked at my overall calories for yesterday and I was below 1300 and felt full the whole time. Pretty sure I haven't yet lost any weight, because I had to struggle to get into my jeans this morning.

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Never had any issues with not filling fulfilled so yes it is natural/normal. You can get more in you by eating more veggies than you currently seem to be. My dear French Mother-in-Law used to tell us to eat salad at the end of the meal and even if you are feeling full it will not make you any fuller, she was correct on this.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal. No, you're not eating too much. As you noted, you're not even breaking 1300 calories, so odds are, you're actually not eating enough (this is a common "problem").

In short? Welcome to the world of actually being able to trust your body's signals to manage your weight. It's what so many people don't get anymore -- weight, just like everything else, is a set-point range that your body strives to maintain. A healthy body won't stray far from this range for very long, while a sick body may swing or sit outside of that range all the time. When you feed your body real foods, with the nutrients it needs, your body is able to heal and can work to get back to that set-point range if it was previously outside of it. That includes your hunger/full signals, which are controlled by hormones that are often thrown out of whack when we eat garbage ("garbage in, garbage out").
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is reassuring. Thank you! :smile: