Future TDEE only 1299kcal

Options
IPCHEH
IPCHEH Posts: 2 Member
I calculated my caloric needs using the spreadsheet provided by heybales (thank you!) and I was very disappointed to discover that in my case eating more than around 1200kcal is not a possibility :(

I live a very sedentary life, due to medical reasons. I would estimate (I kept a diary for two weeks where I jotted down everything I did) that I spend _at most_ 2h standing/walking a day (cooking, showering, occasional cleaning), I sleep between 7-9hours and I spend the rest of my time on the sofa working on my laptop. I swear I'm not exaggerating. I know most people can't imagine such a sedentary life but that's how mine is.

So with the calculations in heybales spreadsheet my TDEE for my goal weight would be 1299kcal. I am going with the method of eating for future me so I eat the TDEE for my goal weight (My goal is 99pounds and I'm a bit shorter than 5'1).

What happens if my weight loss stalls? 1299kcal is already so low that if my weight loss stalls I can't go any lower.

As for now I'm eating just about 1300kcal daily and my weight is going down, it's been two moths and I feel ok. Not hungry or anything. But I am starting to feel the stress and anxiety of constantly weighing and measuring and calculating macros and calories. I always go over a bit on protein and fat in order to feel full. But my mood is really taking a toll. Just the knowledge that what I am eating now is what I'll be eating for the rest of my life... Honestly I don't know if it's worth it. I love food, and I miss eating what I enjoy. I am so sick of chicken and fish and I just wish I could have some room for the occasional treat. But every time I treat myself to something I like, I end up not reaching my protein goals and I feel so hungry!

I'm about 16 pounds from my goal weight and I think my BF is maybe around 25%+. I posted photos in the body fat estimation thread ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105598-bodyfat-estimation-thread?page=8#posts-20897450 ) so if anyone who knows more than me would like to guesstimate you can look at my post there.

I dunno what I wanted with this post, some motivation maybe... I'm just not happy with my body now and I want to get back to my weight a few years back. But the prospect of eating 1300kcal for the rest of my life makes me want to stay in bed and cry all day :P

Heavy lifting etc really isn't an option, I train three times a week (on a good week when my body allows for it) with my physical therapist. It's mostly stretching and some very light strenght training. I log and eat back those calories. But it's not really enough to build much muscle and upping my calorie burn...

Replies

• sarahorange55
    Options
    Can you try putting your details into scooby - http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

as I did (but guessed age) and came out with

TDEE-20% 1301
    TDEE 1626
    BMR 1356

and has you do not have much to lose I would 20% is too high a drop anyway - certainly the way you are feeling I would up it

Oh TDEE at 99lb - 1464

But that doesn't mean 99lb is your best goal weight..

Anyway hope this helps