Daily check in thread - all welcome!

Options

Replies

• malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have someone posting on this board!

It's pretty cold in Christchurch today, but at least it's not so windy and it's fine.

@nicnz I can't even contemplate going to a fitness class let alone teaching one. Good on you for getting to that stage!

@caj45 Congratulations on making so many changes. My stress levels have gone down too since I've been on track and exercising.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    hey all - I'm still about, always forget about this thread!

Cold today in Palmy North, hope our fire is still going when I get home!!
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @malika1976 - thanks :-) First class is out of the way now.. onwards & upwards!
    Only a couple days to go until #JunkFreeJune .... anyone taking part? It's gonna be a hell of a challenge to stick to it all month.. biscuits/muffins etc will be missed, going to have to look for alternatives for my sweet treats.
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    nicnz wrote: »
    @malika1976 - thanks :-) First class is out of the way now.. onwards & upwards!
    Only a couple days to go until #JunkFreeJune .... anyone taking part? It's gonna be a hell of a challenge to stick to it all month.. biscuits/muffins etc will be missed, going to have to look for alternatives for my sweet treats.

I hadn't heard of it but would be keen to give it a go. Might be a way to communicate that I don't want to eat junk food. At the moment refusing food at work is awkward.
  • nicnz
    Options
    [quote="malika1976;32683690"

I hadn't heard of it but would be keen to give it a go. Might be a way to communicate that I don't want to eat junk food. At the moment refusing food at work is awkward.[/quote]

Yes it can be, often multiple times a week too pastries turn up and are placed at arms reach at my office.
    junkfreejune.co.nz if you hadn't found it already ;)
    Aquired spaghetti squash for a couple meals (ive never cooked before) Next to do: stock up of frozen fruit for sweet after dinner treat...

• traceymarie1987
    traceymarie1987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of junk free june Mycheck in is im currently sick with the flu however Im still running and eating ratherly healthy had yogurt soup and protein shakes today did an aerobic dvd sweated like crazy been in bed most the day resting and sleeping apart from my 1 hr aerobics of constant sweating hehe :)
  • traceymarie1987
    Options
    did an arobic dvd again this morning Im still feeling sore from last nights sesh ran 7 kms walkd 3km had a few hrs sleep last night super hungry exhausted and beyon tired succumbed to a latte which ive recently quit coffee helped curb some hunger bright side is flu is over
  • nicnz
    Options
    @traceymarie1987 ... Flu/colds are awful, glad you are recovering =)

Day 4 of #junkfreejune, so far so good - not had a single biscuit or muffin yet. This is kinda good timing as i discovered put on a couple kg over last few months :worried:

Feeling rather tired today, hopefully will survive teaching class tonight ;)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    good on you guys doing junk free june - I'd never cope haha! The sweet tooth in me is too strong to fight, I need to pacify her every day lol
  • nicnz
    Options
    Know the feeling! - yoghurt usually works for me as something sweet after dinner, but it's so easy to go through a 500g/1L container in a very short frame of time
  • traceymarie1987
    Options
    oh gosh I know the feeling of going through yoghurt like nobodys business! and omg have you tried the puhoi valley yoghurt range? #DROOL! I usually make my own yoghurt I brought some greek flavors today and a plain 1 litre greek yoghurt but fresh and fruity only because it was on special for $2 lol. Making it I tell myself is the healthier alternative Im not entirely sure of this but it does seem to have less sugar than my fav. Puhoi valley yoghurt lol.
    Good luck with the junk free july that's an awesome thing your doing there. If u get major biscuit cravings would you consider a protein cookie to be a healthy alternative? you buy them from the supplememts section in the supermarket if youd do them for july. :)
    Anywho cheeking in today I am also tired lets blame this one on winter yea haha!. Legs and most my body are super stiff from circuit training the past two days keep in mind until two days ago I was a circuit training virg. Hence y im prob stiff not done many steps on fit bit yet I might have to hit the gym later tonight and go for a run? Super stiff legs though even walkings abit of a mish. Im sure I'll figure it out
  • nicnz
    Options
    Oh yes, i have tried the puhoi valley yoghurt range. A bit too creamy to eat lots at once (probably a good thing!), but is very delish, as I'm so used to either lite greek style or unsweetened.
  • traceymarie1987
    Options
    too creamy to eat lots at once! lucky for some ! I eat the whole pot its sooo freeking good hehe
  • nicnz
    Options
    All this talking about food is making me hungry! .. must wait till get home (could devour a whole pot of Collective diary though!)
  • traceymarie1987
    Options
    yoghurt on! Love their passionfruit flavour :)
    Checking in today tired again??? It cant be iron cause I supplememnt being a vegetarian maybe Im still recovering from the flu. Hit the gym earlier today I might go again tonight Ive lost over a kg so far (yay!) :)been super hungry today even ate breakfast and im not normally a breakfast eater legs still sore from circuit training so its only easy stuff at the gym.
  • traceymarie1987
    Options
    Early check in today :) woke up super awake had some yoghurt for breakfast now Im tired (again) a frined of mine said it takes two weeks to adjust to a diet so Im holding on to it as todays only day 5 so far :)
  • traceymarie1987
    Options
    checking in ive lost 1.5 kgs so far yayaya!
  • nicnz
    Options
    checking in ive lost 1.5 kgs so far yayaya!
    whoohoo!
  • traceymarie1987
    Options
    thanks! :)
    I lost another half kilo today feeling super peckish now Ive finished all my calories craving our fav food nicnz (yoghurt) :/
  • nicnz
    Options
    Boom! 0.7kg down after a couple days of not picking extras after dinner XD... a good start. Gotta keep it up!