Daily check in thread - all welcome!

Options

Replies

• bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The warmer weather certainly does lift the spirits and makes it all seem that wee bit easier. First day out from hibernation mode and all feels good.

18k! wow that's impressive nicely done.

I might have too look into boot camp to give me the kick in the butt I need! I received a flyer about a free boot camp, looked it up online and it appears to be connected with fuse or herbalife. Anyone know or had experience with them? I tend to steer clear of anything that might try me sell products for weight loss but still free boot camp so considering it.
  • mullycathNZ
    mullycathNZ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I might have too look into boot camp to give me the kick in the butt I need! I received a flyer about a free boot camp, looked it up online and it appears to be connected with fuse or herbalife. Anyone know or had experience with them? I tend to steer clear of anything that might try me sell products for weight loss but still free boot camp so considering it.

Are you in ChCh Bridgie? The one I've just signed up for is the same - it cost $50 to register but you get $40 back if you attend 10/12 sessions including the first and the last. And yes, it has the herbalife products so I too am a bit skeptical - however I will reserve judgement until I see what the fitness side of it is like. I'm confident I can and will ignore the selling products for weightloss but so far (after the initial session) it looks like it might be fun - if not too challenging - so I'm willing to give it a go and hope it is the kickstart I need. I guess if it's "free" they've got to make their $$ somewhere.... will let you know how I get on!
  • traceyandelliemay
    traceyandelliemay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hi all checkin in from chch new goal to do 10,000 steps daily on fitbit and eat breakfast lunch and t with 2-3 servs of fruit/vege throughout the day sounds reasonable :) goal for septemebr is to have abs but I don't think I will now imso bloated constipated sore since Saturday night but im not gonna let that get me down anymore im gonna shine my brightest light and continue on anyway. :)
  • bridgieNZ
    Options
    Are you in ChCh Bridgie? The one I've just signed up for is the same - it cost $50 to register but you get $40 back if you attend 10/12 sessions including the first and the last. And yes, it has the herbalife products so I too am a bit skeptical - however I will reserve judgement until I see what the fitness side of it is like. I'm confident I can and will ignore the selling products for weightloss but so far (after the initial session) it looks like it might be fun - if not too challenging - so I'm willing to give it a go and hope it is the kickstart I need. I guess if it's "free" they've got to make their $$ somewhere.... will let you know how I get on!

Im in Wellington, unfortunately I'm an easy mark, even with the best of intentions before hand I seem to be easily persuaded. Still might give it a go
  • eviebee03
    eviebee03 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bridgienz, im in wellington too! We should find a free bootcamp! Add me if u want :)
  • bridgieNZ
    Options
    Hey Eviebee, where in welly are you? I'm in the hutt valley, I have heard of a free boot camp out this way. A year or so ago I started the gym as a group of 5 & I'm the last man standing and sometimes find it hard to keep it up on a regular basis without the others so I'm keen for more things to keep me motivated
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im new to the group, based in Sunny Tokoroa (Har har). I am currently attempting c25k, on week 1, day 3. I am watching my calories but not forcing myself to stick to it as I have a tendency to become addicted to it, then fail and binge - so this time around I am changing WHAT I am eating, before managing the amount - and 90% of the time I still come in under the 1200 per day. I am trying to get in more vegetables and fish/nuts/grains... just a lack of overly refined foods.

I have PCOS and am taking Metformin (1 week in and just got over the MetMadRushtotheToilet phase!) - I am not diabetic.

I have severe social anxiety, so I go and exercise in a local forest park where noone can see me. Eventually I would like to see myself try running in public (just along the roadside lol).

I would love to try boot camp, but will do c25k first and go from there - I am too scared to join a group like that just yet!

Anyway thats way too much about me - but thanks for having me, is there anyone moderately local here!
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Helen from Rotorua. Ready to rock n roll this time!! I've done well previously with MFP but have unfortunately let myself get back to square one! I'm the heaviest i've ever been and can see my kids starting to pick up on my bad habits.

So time to show them some good habits

Hope you are all well

Helen :)
  • VaxSA
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Helen from Rotorua. Ready to rock n roll this time!! I've done well previously with MFP but have unfortunately let myself get back to square one! I'm the heaviest i've ever been and can see my kids starting to pick up on my bad habits.

So time to show them some good habits

Hope you are all well

Helen :)

Hi Helen! I often come to Rotorua to run through the redwoods (I use the word 'run' very lightly.. more like a roll in one general direction)... Ill post on here next time I come through and see if youre up for a walk!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Sorry I've been a bit absent! My two year old has had hand foot and mouth - not cool

Hows everyone going? It's ToM for me so I'm weighing in at my heaviest this month :( boohoo!
  • VaxSA
    Options
    Same here, Psych! Oh how I hate it. Your loss is incredible btw, I am in awe of you.
  • psych101
    Options
    Aww thanks zaxie!! its taken a long time, but i'm pretty darn proud of myself too!

I hate it too, especially the extra fluid retention and wanting to eat ALL THE CHOCOLATE!!! :sad:
  • eviebee03
    Options
    Oh man ToM is the worst!!! The chocolate cravings and cramps... urgh...
  • VaxSA
    Options
    Yep. Im not doing so good at not eating all the yummies. Im still under my calorie goals though, but still - naughty naughty.
  • traceyandelliemay
    traceyandelliemay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    lol mine too! have u guys checked out raw foods? try raw caramel slice just googe the recipe its incredibly tasty and filled with nutrition rather than a typical caramel slice or whatever it totally helps with cravings too! I so recommend it hees to healthiness :)
  • eviebee03
    Options
    Ooo yum! I also like bliss balls forsweet cravings...
  • VaxSA
    Options
    Im really struggling with quick, somewhat easy meals. We have heaps of meat, so no worries there... its just that carb replacement.
  • psych101
    Options
    We eat pretty much the same things every day lol

Dinner meals are steak and some kind of salad with maybe a potato or oven fries
    Lunches for me are Farrah wraps with chicken tenderloins, salad, cheese, and sriracha hot sauce mmmmm - hubby eats pie and chippies like theres no tomorrow and doesn't gain a thing :grumble:
  • kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not long until we can dust off the bbq! Yay! Anything cooked on the bbq tastes a whole lot better to me. And it's easier.
    Have a great day everyone, Kathy.
  • traceyandelliemay
    Options
    wow BBQ! I haven't had BBQ since I was 16 cause Ive been vegan for soooooo long! Ive recently started eating meat again for protein wow that's something to look forward too the barbie lol awesome :)