Logging exercise question

Options
Hi everyone. I scrolled back a few pages into the group hoping to find an answer to my question but i didn't find one.

Do i log exercise on mfp still? Or do i log it into my BMF app or log nothing at all as long as i am wearing the armband while I'm exercising?

I don't want to double dip.

Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just wear BMF while exercising. if you enter the exercise into MFP, it does the math for you, so you shouldn't have any problems. As long as you are wearing your BMF during exercise, you're OK. if you forgot to wear it, then you can log it in BMF. (Be warned, it just puts the exercise at the beginning of your off-body period.
  • AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. It isn't necessary to log your exercise anywhere, because your Bodymedia is already recording your burn 24/7, including exercise. If you simply want to know how much you burned during your workout, you can track your calorie burn and number of steps during a workout on the app. Enter the app click on "workouts" at the bottom, select "quickstart" if you have your own workout planned, or you can set a timer to go off when you have reached a goal, such as number of steps, calories, burned, etc. Choose the music you want (if any), then hit "start workout". Calories burned, steps taken and time elapsed will be displayed. When you're done, tap the arrow at the bottom, then "end workout".

If you want to keep a record of this on MFP that will show up on your news feed, etc., no problem, just make sure to enter the starting time of your workout correctly (this is displayed on the BMF app record for your workout) and the length of time (also noted there). As long as you enter the starting time and the length of the workout, you won't double dip, since MFP will ignore the BMF calories for that time period once you've logged it.

If you want to see your calorie burn during a workout after the fact (you forgot to set up the app, etc.), you can go into your dashboard on the web, click on "burn" so you can see your pattern of activity for the day. At the bottom of the graph are two sliders that you can slide back and forth to focus on a specific time period. Slide the left one to the time you began the workout and the right one to the end. The calories burned during that time period will be indicated at the top of the window.

Hope that helps!