introducing myself

Options
andielyn
andielyn Posts: 233 Member
Hi all: I've been on mfp for a couple months now but struggling with consistency. Broke my streak, gained weight back, mostly stress eating. I re-committed last week but then broke my streak again over the weekend in terms of logging in and logging my food/exercise.

Right now life is pretty emotional and stressful, and it is definitely the number one cause for me falling off and failing. I haven't joined any groups (until now) and looking for a group of supportive folks who can relate to emotional eating. I see some activity here...do you mind if I join your group? Are you looking for some new members or are you a group of folks who have all been hanging for awhile and know each other? Tell me about yourselves if you are so inclined. Thanks! ~Andielyn

Replies

• Tigg_
    Tigg_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm sorry to hear things are so stressful for you at the moment. I can relate a lot to that leading to things going slightly wrong with diet/healthy living - I guess that's why we are in this group!!

I'll send you a friend request and if you need to chat anytime, please feel free to get in touch.

Lottie x
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You're definitly not alone! I slip up all the time and then feel horrible about what I've done (eaten) causing me to just want to give up. Just keep reminding yourself that tomorrow is a brand new day, every day a fresh start and yesterday doesn't matter. Its been a life long struggle for me.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like, i'm new to this board too.
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have been on this roller coaster since puberty. I've never been super skinny, not even skinny, but rather, healthier. :) I understand your journey and am also here as a member of your support system.
    I find that a good cursing session stops my craving for bad foods, but to have someone to vent and talk to, that is the best!
    I'm available, should you need to talk.
    Much peace to you.
    Namaste.
  • newjeanbean
    newjeanbean Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think we all go through the same struggle. I was doing great for a full month, running in the mornings and eating healthy all day. Unfortunately a poor work schedule messed me up ( I work in a bar and can work until 3:00 am which made it impossible to get up early for jogging. I'm too embarrassed to run in the afternoon, only mornings when no one is awake yet). And found myself completely off the wagon. Well, I'm back and five days strong again! As long as you keep trying you'll succeed eventually! Take care , and remember

“If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you DON’T want.”

- Kevin Ngo
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options

“If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you DON’T want.”

- Kevin Ngo

Thanks to all who replied. I'm determined to keep getting back on the horse. :) Love this quote!