New here

Hi, I'm Brenda. I'm in the pre-op stage of my journey. Insurance requires 6 months weight trial, I guess to prove I can actually lose weight. I will be attending my 4th meeting with nutritionist this week. Last meeting I had lost 28 pounds. Since I'm not weighing between meetings, I'm looking forward to the meeting to see if I've lost any more. Some people who are attending the meetings say they haven't lost anything. My first question is how much did you lose before your surgery or if still in pre-op stage how much have you lost and in what amount of time?
Thanks!

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Hi Brenda: Welcome and congratulations for making the decision to improve your health. My situation was a little different. Because my BMI was so high and my weight was so great. I had to lose weight before my surgery. It took be about 6 months before I was able to get back into my program. I lost 60lbs in 6 months on my own. However that being said, comparing yourself to others is IMO only setting yourself up for disappointment. We are all build different and, there are so many variable, like meds, genetics, BMI that affect our weight lose. You have done a great job thus far, continue doing what is required and you will do fine. Good luck on your journey.