Tuesday August 5th, Day 5 Check in log - 70 Squats

Options
AllieRoyerA
AllieRoyerA Posts: 69 Member
Welcome to day 5! Today we are doing 70 squats.

As we get further into the challenge and the numbers increase, I want you to make sure you are stretching each day :)

Some great basic stretches are:

Thigh Muscle Stretch

Lying on the side with the weight of the upper body resting on a bent elbow, the uppermost ankle is pulled towards the buttock. The bent knee is slowly moved backwards. The stretch is felt down the front of the thigh.

Gluteal Stretch

Sitting on the floor with one leg out straight, the opposite knee is bent and the foot is placed over the straight leg. The hands are then used to gently push the bent knee up towards the opposite shoulder. The stretch is felt in the buttock.

Hip Flexor Muscle Stretch

The feet are placed stride width apart, with the front knee bent. The body weight is transferred forwards and the pelvis pushed forward. The stretch is felt at the front of the hip.

The butterfly stretch

Sit on bottom with feet together at the heels and slowly push on knees with elbows. Don't bob up and down with the stretch. It only hurts you.

The leap frog stretch

Kneel down, place your elbows on the floor in front of you and try to spread your knees and far apart as possible. Make sure it doesn't cause too much pain. It should be a stretch, not a tear.

My favorite stretch by far is the Pigeon Pose - I encourage you to go read about it and proper form here: http://www.yogajournal.com/basics/1808

What stretches did you try today? If they are not listed here, please share below!

Replies

• JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Day 5, 70 squats completed :-)
  • CandyJR
    CandyJR Posts: 13
    Options
    Day 5...70 squats and an assortment of stretches. My husband joined me this morning and found out it isn't as easy as he thought! Ha ha ha ha.
  • glynie12
    glynie12 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    70 squats down...eek!! glad yesterday was a rest day!
    good for your hubby candy...thats awesome. ill never get mine to do that...haha

i also did a variety of stretches - including a quad stretch...felt sooooo good:bigsmile:
  • k998
    k998 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just snuck them in!

Day 5 - 70 squats done :)
  • DeannaTN
    DeannaTN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    70 squats done for Day 5! Thanks for the list of stretches too. I love/hate pigeon pose :)
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Day 5 70 Squats Done! Amazing job everybody!
  • dnmoss
    dnmoss Posts: 7
    Options
    Missed yesterday will double up to stay on track
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Day 5, 70 squats done......
    20 regular
    20 goblet squats
    20 staggered (10 left, 10 right)
    10 squats w/ front kicks

Good job everyone, Day 5!
  • glynie12
    glynie12 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday will double up to stay on track

yesterday was a rest day so you are all good!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: I did my first 10 squats before I took the dogs for a walk so I could do them with 15 pound weights.....I did the rest while the dogs were stopped and sniffing.

:bigsmile: Allie, you have good nutrition and exercise tips---have you had some special training? I appreciate what you share.

:flowerforyou: I do some standing yoga stretches while I walk the dogs and in a few minutes I'm going to do my regular yoga routine
  • Sherilynn_1999
    Sherilynn_1999 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    70 squats, done while doing my weight lifting.
    40 regular squats
    30 split squats
    all with 10 lb. dumbbells

now its time for me to do my 5 mile run, then when I get back I'll do a variety of stretches.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Day 5: 70 squats done.

Thanks for the stretches, I found the glut stretch was just what I needed.
  • wannareduce
    wannareduce Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - 70 squats done! :smile:
  • philly3047
    philly3047 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    70 regular Squats Done
  • bellehue
    bellehue Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just finished 70 squats before bed.