What are you doing to drop the weight?

Options

Replies

• conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Logging everything I eat. I was doing so well. Need to get back on track again. Workout more and no cheat days.
  • arrielle10
    Options
    I eat 1,500 calories or less a day.
    I go to the gym at least five days a week.
    I took over the dog walking (was my husbands chore)
    I gave up my amazing yummy 400 plus calorie lattes (for the most part) :)
    I drink lots of water.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I restarted September 1st.
    A few friends and I challenged each other to do Real squats every day. Not the Diddley kind!
    We're not counting how many. We're going by exertion.
    I'm also walking and stretching :)
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This week I took a step back and really focused in on weighting and measuring food. I found that I had been eyeballing something's and eating extra calories here and there. I am so excited because I got a pocket scale to take with me to work, families houses, ete. My hubby is embarrassed but I need to hold myself accountable. I consider this life not a diet so I don't have cheat days but I do go over some days, its life I'm going to live it. But then I need to log it so I can balance it out and make sure I'm not having them every other day lol.
  • naccar82
    naccar82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For me my problem is weekends, where I drink (too much!) wine! So for me, I'm exercising 5-6 days a week, and trying to eat well Monday to Friday. I allow myself to break out a little at the weekends, becuase if I don't have treats, I won't stick to it.

I'm trying to change my lifestyle rather than diet... diets just don't work for me, once I feel deprived I'll binge!!
    Wow that's great just be sure not to go too crazy on the weekends lol. I think after my 28 diet thing I will stick close to this plan as well, but with a little of my own tweaking. Thanks for sharing this sound like a great plan.:smile:
    Thats exacatly my problem :(
  • providentialfoodie
    Options
    I'm doing several things to try to get a handle on my weight.

This week has been up and down for me. The scale is a true refection of how many carbs are still sitting in my system doing nothing from the day before, so I've decided to weigh myself every morning, though I only log it a couple of times a week. . It helps me to remember to eat stuff that is actually helpful.

Being an underactive person, MFP has me eating 1200 calories per day. Eating right is my biggest challenge. The first week I thought I was going to starve to death. Now, I make myself two servings of a protein shake every morning, one for breakfast and one for afternoon and evening snacks. That has done a lot for my energy level and cravings. Because of all of my allergies and because of my family history of diabetes, it's pretty uninteresting, but it does everything that I need it to do. I use 1 serving of baby cut carrots, 3/4 C of Bob's Red Mill quick oats, 1 banana, 1 C. unsweetened almond milk, and 6 Tbsp (2 servings) of MLO Rice Protein Powder. (This "recipe" is free of eggs, gluten, dairy, and soy, just in case anyone else has allergies and has a hard time getting enough protein.) Sometimes I add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to mask the protein powder taste. Sometimes that actually works!

I have tried using other fruit in place of the banana, but it is not as filling and this stuff, as is, gets me nicely to 10 or 11:00 a.m. without feeling like I'm going to kill somebody if I don't get something to eat immediately. One problem I've always had with trying to lose weight and "eat right" is the lack of ever feeling satisfied. This does it for me. I did run out of my protein powder yesterday, though, so I need to go pick up some more, QUICK! I am amazed at how much better exercise goes when I've gotten enough protein! Imagine that!!!

One of my kids and I have been training for our first ever 5k, so we've been jog/walking three times a week. I also try to do No Excuses Workouts a couple of times a week. I had a lot of knee pain at first, so it was helpful to have something to do at home that was of lesser impact, and it gave my Fitbit something do.

I hope everyone is doing well in this challenge!
  • bobbbi_59
    Options
    I am tracking my foods and drinking my water @ every meal and before bed time,

and the myfitness people were saying that I wasn't eating enough calories,
    so I had to start...eating more calories this has been very hard because of me finding out,
    that hubby and I are type 2 diabetics...its very hard to eat just anything I want,
    so now I have to eat more though the day to meet my calorie range ugh,
    even though my tummy hurts from eating too much I have to do this for me.

And I am also doing my bed exercises and walking 30 minutes a day.

I am doing my best to achieve my goals by christmas :wink:
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am pre planning my daily food log. If I don't I end up getting too hungry and grabbing whatever.
    I Must Log Everything Into MFP.
    If I miss logging I end up eating more than I should. Telling myself 'this day doesn't count'
    Which fools who? Me! That's who!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the ketogenic diet. It has been awesome so far!
  • thePatt
    Options
    I'm doing the WW diet. I log my food in WW and MFP. At first it was a bit of a pain, but now that most of the food I eat is entered in a pick list, I can get both entries done in a jiffy. Im also doing a lot more exercise than before. Also, I'm eating really clean and have reduced grains and pasta a lot.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Logging daily!! Everything!! I am setting a goal to work out 5x a week, also in day 7 of both 30 day plank and Bulgarian plank challenge.

-looking to add weights into routine just not sure where to start. I have weights going up to 10 pounds. Not aure if there is a good website that shows what to do and what muscle it targets?
  • providentialfoodie
    Options
    I am very consistent with weighing my food, logging and PRE-PLANNING! I don't have "cheat days" or cheat meals". I think my success has come from knowing what I'm going to eat the next day and then I can have more room to add a treat if I have the calories to spare. I work out 4 days/week doing group fitness. I take two classes: Les Mill BodyPump and Les Mills BodyCombat. When I'm at work, I walk at least 10 minutes at lunch and take the stairs when possible. I've recently invested in a fitbit and love it! It's kind of a simple formula: Eat better; move more. This community have been such a wealth of support too. I'm so happy to have you all!

"Eat better; move more." I like that! :)
  • Seashell61p
    Seashell61p Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need to log everyday and I try to log it before I eat it, (Maybe the night before if I make time to plan ahead) It really makes me think when I see the calories or carbs do I want to spend my amount on that.. I need friends on here to give support to and receive support from, (My family is not a support for me). I also use a fitbit, it logs my steps and cals burned. I want to start using the treadmill, bike and elliptical again. I am taking a take charge approach, I am in control of my choices, it is up to me to eat healthy and to live healthy.
  • Mommaspoon1
    Mommaspoon1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I find what is really helping is not eating back the calories that I earn on exercise. I walk every day and take at least 3 classes per week in the gym but stick to my basic 1200 calories per day which leaves a fairly large deficit. The weight is coming down at a steady pace and the exercise keeps me from being too hungry.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I only started on Sunday so haven't lost any weight yet, but am logging all food and activity, and I intend to either gym or DVD every evening.

My main problem is I will be on my hols next week so I intend to start every day there with a swim, then a nice walk after breakfast. Unfortunately I know I will be tempted by wine and greek food but am hoping the activity will keep the weight gain to a minimum for when i get back and am able to carry on my fitness programme.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just got my invite to this group, so I am starting today.

I am watching my calorie intake entering everything I eat. (Trying to anyway.)

I am currently doing a 30 Day Shred Challenge in the mornings and in the afternoons after work I go to the gym. On the weekends I do what I can. At the very least Sunday, I do the 30 Day Shred.
  • afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started this 2 months ago. I first had to first focus on conquering my horrible relationship with food & choices by dropping sugar and wheat from my diet. To counteract any feelings of deprivation I simultaneously increased my calorie intake. Eating maintenance calories has been such an eye opener and a great learning experience and it completely changed how I relate to food.

My intention was to repair my metabolism but I still managed lose weight and inches.... not dramatic loss but slow and steady.
    I joined this challenge because I am now ready to lose weight and am happy to have found friends (yes, you!!!) to do it with.

Here is my strategy:

- Commit to logging onto MFP daily even if I had a bad eating day
    - Low carb/ Hi moderate fat diet (mostly)
    - Twice - a - day workouts at least 4 days a week
    - 10000 steps 6 days a week (I have a fitbit and so far Sundays are a lost cause)
    - Create a small calorie deficit daily (I average about 1500 kcal =1200 kcals + half exercise cals)
    - One (or two) Keto friendly snacks a day
    - Variety in my workouts to prevent boredom/ complacency (insanity classes, body pump, park run and strength training etc)

My biggest challenge is that we eat out alot so am currently trying to stick to the same places and same meals just to gauge the calorie count. I aspire towards a proper meal prepping regime to ensure I have clean meals available at all times. Sadly I'm not there yet.
  • ChayaLeigh
    ChayaLeigh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is the same for me--eating "clean", gluten-free (as much as possible), limited alcohol and at least 30-45 mins exercise most days. I've just started "17 Day Diet" and it is working wonders...lost over 5 lbs this week. Not sure if it would be sustainable long term, but it seems to be getting me past this plateau I've been in for a year.
  • jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So far, the only thing that has been working for me is that I upped my protien intake and I've gone to HIIT workouts. I have made my meal 90% meat and any thing else I eat, I make sure it's clean (no processed carbs). I think the protien keeps me full while not adding too many calories which helps a lot!

For my HIIT workouts, I use my cell phone to time the intervals. I think I see the most progress when I do sprints for my HIIT workout. I have incorporated weights into this workout as well such as power cleans and kettle bell swings.

I have noticed that I am able to run longer distances nonstop now, which I think is good thing. If I could just do better over the weekends and significantly reduce my alcohol intake, I think I would be doing even better. I'm trying to get down to 212 lbs this week so I please pray for me MFP!!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Logging all my food, doing a kettlebell swing challenge, walking during my lunchbreak and doing c25k, with the occasional 30 day shred workout (I just walk on my 'rest' days). Planning to mix it up some more as I get bored if it's too routine. I log all my planned food for the day in the morning, take my lunch to work, adjust as I go if anything changes, and eat chocolate every day (my diary is open).

I was on MFP a few years ago and lost 60lbs, and maintained for about a year before having a couple of years of health problems (details on profile) and gaining 30lbs; I'm doing pretty much exactly what worked for me last time, and so far am down 9lbs in just under a month. It'll slow down I'm sure, but I'm good with that.