Day 18: August 6

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
I was up late working on projects for a client meeting this morning (my favorite :| , and all my own doing ). I got to pay back those two months of free yoga somehow. So I'm up early to try and finish as much as I can before they come. I just thought I would get the thread up as I am tired and cranky so don't have much motivational to say or to get people going. I haven't been able to exercise much in the past two days because of working so I am craving to get out and exhaust myself. I can't wait till thursday to have a nice long ride.

So what up with your bad selfs?

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    (Geez I HATE it when i have typed a significant amount of stuff....like about 5 minutes ago, and the bloody thing gets deleted coz I have hit the wrong button while typing!!!!! AUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!)

Basically Pat, I was thanking you for starting the thread....I am on here before everyone else is...but not sure when to post...according to EST or PST???

Not much happening here....my day is ending...worked today and have one more day of my workweek left!! (we are off Fridays and Saturdays). With the progress you are making on your riding Pat, you are really inspiring me to get off my tush to do something!! And Karen with your swimming....amazing!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! C u back here tomoro!!

Nancy
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hello darling peoples,
    I am heading to the farm stand for some fresh veggies, then home for chores, a swim, and guests for dinner. A rather dull day. Saw my shrink this morning who asked if I would do some work with a body acceptance group in Portland--maybe a talk on Fathletes or an annotated bibliography on the neurobiology of binge eating disorder. Cool. I need something that looks like work and stimulates my brain.
    Not enough sleep or calories yesterday has me craving food today. Maybe I need to sneak in a nap.
    Pat I hear you. .. I need to put aside 90 minutes to swim the shoreline. I love the long workout!
    K.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Pat, I hope the work goes well and you can reward yourself with a good ride tomorrow!

Nancy, oooh so close to the weekend for you -- anything fun planned?

Karen, that group sounds interesting. I trust that you'll report back to us when you go?

Feeling a bit better today, though still fluffy headed. Going to see a simulcast of a live Monty Python thing with Ben and some friends tonight, which should be fun! I brought my workout clothes so I could walk there from work. It's just over a mile and a half which is about half of my walk home, so it seems like a good way to ramp back up to walking home in this heat with my cold still attacking me.

I got 30,000 steps in yesterday just pacing my apartment! Most steps I've gotten since I got my Fitbit in early May hah. Kind of sad to think about how many miles I did just walking in tiny circles, but Dayquil does strange things to a woman.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Wow. 30,000 steps is like what.. 15 Miles? That is awesome.

My busyness continues. I am going to give you massive picture overload as I have to catch up!!

We had National Night Out in our Neighborhood last night and had a lot of fun. I also haven't posted my new foods results. That was Monday night.

Monday night I found recipes for and grilled my new fruits/veggies. I prepped the following: Nopals (Cactus), Eggplant and Mangos.

Here they are ready for the grill.

ick2_zps9bed948c.jpg

Afterwards, all grilled and ready to eat:

ick_zps9b206c87.jpg

Results: The eggplant was really good. I wish it wasn't so soggy, but hey, the flavor was good and I have had it 2 nights in a row now. The mangoes...well while the glaze of balsamic vinegar was really awesome, the mango just doesn't do it for me. I THINK I have tried a raw mango before and that is how I knew I don't like mangoes. But, even grilled, they were bad. Finally, the Nopal or cactus. Again, the flavor was there but the texture is so bad!! It is slimy, gooey icky. I will NOT be having those again.

Here is what happened to the Mangoes and Nopal..

odin_zpsa27d236e.jpg

So, I now can look for more Eggplant recipes because WOW, those are low cal and filling.

Now, last night as I said was National Night Out. We started at the pool, had food and ended up with the fire, police and EMS all showing up to let the kiddos play with their trucks. It was a lot of fun.

dood_zps5f9821d9.jpg

dood2_zpse048ef31.jpg

Tonight is gym, tomorrow we are having Yappy Hour which is a bunch of us Dog Owners meeting at a BBQ place to try and come up with ideas on how to build a dog park. Friday is Pickleball and Movie in the Park. Saturday going out with the girls and either Sat or Sunday, back to the lake.

Oh here is the ski I flipped BTW. That was taken that morning.

doodski_zpsdc87f28c.jpg

Finally, an updated selfie.. 100 degrees means hair is slicked back... always and that little jacket... it's an XL. WOOT. Yeah, not sure if it is supposed to be THAT little, but fug it, it's an XL!! First time I have bought something out of the regular size section in about 10 yrs!

me2_zps7e293b3a.jpg
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Heather, so good to see your beautiful face and your life in pictures. You look fantastic!
    Ha--I'm having a sentimental moment here thinking how lucky I am to have you guys as my support team on this crazy and sometimes mind-numbing journey. Thank you all for sharing your lives.

Haven't seen Dee in a while so I sent her a message. All is well--she is just very very busy--and she logged her highest number of steps ever on her Fitbit, over six miles!

Nancy, as far as I'm concerned, you can start the thread on any time!
    Norah, glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your night out.
    Pat, I'm planning a super long swim tomorrow--let's mini challenge each other to make enough time for our exercise.

I need to get ready for guests. .. Laters!
    K
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hey Pat, good luck on getting that ride in that you want. It can be a little frustrating when life gets in the way of the workouts we want haha. Nancy, I agree with Karen you can start the thread whenever you darn well please.

30,000 steps! That is quite awesome Norah! Looks like I need to get my hands on some Dayquil if that is the outcome. Heather, the idea of a Yappy Hour just made me so happy. If my little Shih Tzu were better able to handle other dogs I would be all over something like that. I guess I would just have to borrow my sister's swiss mountain dog. Karen, hopefully you have quite the lovely evening with your guests and an even better swim tomorrow.

My day isn't going to be all that exciting. I will be at work for the next long while and after that I will head to the gym to get in some cardio and hopefully some good weight lifting.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    As I mentioned (or did I ??) that I am always up before dawn....usually 4 am. So this morning I TOTALLY enjoyed reading about all your adventures!!! Again Pat, can't wait to hear about your ride this week, Karen you are doing awesome with all that swimming!! Heather.....you LOOK GORGEOUS!!! Love the bling and your daughter is a real sweetheart too!! Like mother like daughter!! Norah....Dayquil makes you walk 30,000 steps??? I am like Zac...going to get me some!! Hope you are feeling better and you have a fun night out. Zac.....awesome job going to the gym so faithfully!!

Hey looks like we picked up a new member.....hello there, where are you????? You can join in anytime here!!! Hope every one had a super duper day!! I am going to get my 10000 steps into, no matter what....you all are inspiring me to get off the tush and MOVE!!!!

Cheers,
    Nancy
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Well despite a crazy thunder storm that rolled through, we had a wonderful porch dinner in my studio (my screenhouse on the front deck) with all healthy food, including another" new" food, green cauliflower. I break into chunks, toss it in a little Olive oil, shake garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper on it, then bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Very tasty. Food always tastes so much better when you're sitting outside on a summer night and enjoying it with friends, telling stories and laughing like fools.

My friend Christine, who also turns 50 this year, was comparing stories with me about better self care. We've both walked away from a few long-time friendships this year as we realized that you can only care for a wounded bird for so long before setting it free. I've spent a lot of years collecting needy people, and I'm not doing them or me any favors by arrogantly stepping in to" rescue" them all the time. This year we've both made a conscious effort to do less rescuing, and the result has been happier marriages, less stress and anxiety, and more time to spend enjoying good friends.

Tonight I will sleep well and happy, nourished both physically and mentally. Then tomorrow I will KICK *kitten* in the lake oh yes!!!
    K.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good day. I just hate working late and then up early to get right back to it, plus the stress of a client coming over. The client meeting went well (this website is taking forever) and I got a little extra work done. I do need to get back to my midnight bedtime because without it my days are thrown off and that affects everything.

Ended the day with a quick ride downtown to the first wednesday of the month street fair and dog parade. Rode around and then walked and then rode home. Not a long ride but it was nice to have an excuse to get out and do something.

Now I just got to figure out what sort of ride I want to do tomorrow. I should probably skip it to get more work done but now that I have it on my mind it's hard to put aside.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    What??? You have a "first Wednesday of the month street fair and dog parade"??? I want to live there.