DAILY PALEO DIET FOOD LIST

Options
For people who have successfully been on PALEO.. what do you think i should ADD or take out of my daily routine... its all around 1200-1500 calories.. holding steady 130 lbs... working on eating more calories slowly to not gain all the weight back.. would ideally like to weigh 125 but good at 130.

I eat some combination of some or all of these foods daily...

EGGS
OLIVE OIL *daily
SPINACH *daily
ARTICHOKES *daily
Tomato, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms
Avocado *1 haas per day
Lettuce *everyday

at least 4-8 ounces of
BEEF, ORGANIC CHICKEN, PORK
HAM (no carbs, boiled)
BACON *sparingly no carb

*1/4-1/2 cup every day
Organic RASPBERRIES STRAWBERRIES, BLUEBERRIES

MAYO *sparingly
Sriracha Sauce ( the zero carb one) *ALOT
Mustard

Very Dark Chocolate *sparingly - a few chips every other day
Almonds & Macadamia Nuts *very sparingly - a few chips every other day
Coconut Oil *1 Tbsp. every day

Replies

• justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Add MORE veggies would be my first thought and I would also say add more fat.
    Beyond that I think it looks good.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Everyone in this forum has "successfully been on Paleo" or do you mean only people who have achieved a goal weight according to the scale?

Just eat healthy food that works for you. Stop obsessing about calories and the scale. Move your body. Lift heavy things. Have fun. That's it.

:sad:
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Add MORE veggies would be my first thought and I would also say add more fat.
    Beyond that I think it looks good.

yeah ok perfect.... more variety of veggies.. some more fat... !
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    Everyone in this forum has "successfully been on Paleo" or do you mean only people who have achieved a goal weight according to the scale?

Just eat healthy food that works for you. Stop obsessing about calories and the scale. Move your body. Lift heavy things. Have fun. That's it.

:sad:

Healthy use to mean OATMEAL for breakfast everyday and Yogurt.. ( that did not work ).. so now i have a new food list.. trying to make sure i am on the right track.... would love to know what everyone else eats that works for them... what do you eat ?
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Your profile looks good, however not enough veggies for me, I eat a lot of veggies and started eating whole olives by the half can daily plus green tea at least once a day but I will be upping that soon (it is a clinically proven metabolism booster and really good for you on so many levels beyond that). Calories be damned, if you eat real food your body will dispose of what it doesn't need, it will not convert to fat once you've stablized
  • deoxy4
    deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I eat everything on your list and:

Kale
    Broccoli Rabe
    Chard
    White Parboiled Rice (high workout days)
    Sweet Potato (high workout days)
    Chosen Foods Avocado oil from Costco (high oxidation temperature, saute greens)
    Sardines (in tomato sauce and olive oil)
    Salmon (wild caught)
    Lamb (grass fed)
    Onions/Scallions
    Leaks
    Bok Choy
    Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (not Dutch Processed)
    Green Tea
    Kerry Gold Butter
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    Your profile looks good, however not enough veggies for me, I eat a lot of veggies and started eating whole olives by the half can daily plus green tea at least once a day but I will be upping that soon (it is a clinically proven metabolism booster and really good for you on so many levels beyond that). Calories be damned, if you eat real food your body will dispose of what it doesn't need, it will not convert to fat once you've stablized

Ok perfect. MORE VEGGIES..!!!
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    I eat everything on your list and:

Kale
    Broccoli Rabe
    Chard
    White Parboiled Rice (high workout days)
    Sweet Potato (high workout days)
    Chosen Foods Avocado oil from Costco (high oxidation temperature, saute greens)
    Sardines (in tomato sauce and olive oil)
    Salmon (wild caught)
    Lamb (grass fed)
    Onions/Scallions
    Leaks
    Bok Choy
    Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (not Dutch Processed)
    Green Tea
    Kerry Gold Butter

*White Parboiled Rice (high workout days) *never heard of this.. will look it up
    *Sweet Potato (high workout days) *i can make soup out of this with carrots, onions, garlic **I puree it and add butter or just eat steamed in oven...
    *Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (not Dutch Processed) *** what do you do with this.. i have it.. not sure how to eat it.

GREAT ADVICE!!!!! THANK YOU!!
  • deoxy4
    Options
    I add teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and coconut milk to my coffee in the morning and blend it with an immersion blender.
  • deoxy4
    Options
    The link below has some recipes for unsweetened cocoa powder.

http://paleomg.com/tag/unsweetened-cocoa-powder/
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    SInce you mentioned thyroid in your other post, I will second that you should add white rice and maybe even white potatoes. Women with hypothtyroidism need to maintain a little above ketosis to ensure proper thyroid function. If I go below 75 grams then I will not lose weight very easily.
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    SInce you mentioned thyroid in your other post, I will second that you should add white rice and maybe even white potatoes. Women with hypothtyroidism need to maintain a little above ketosis to ensure proper thyroid function. If I go below 75 grams then I will not lose weight very easily.

so ketosis is not good for people with slow thyroid.. is that what you are saying? interesting.. very kool... i take 2mg. of armour everyday..
  • Nutmeg76
    Options
    Yes, ketosis can lead to a difficulty converting T4 to T3. Your labs will look "okay" as far as TSH and T4 go, but you'll feel like junk and stall wieght loss because your T3 is low.
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    Yes, ketosis can lead to a difficulty converting T4 to T3. Your labs will look "okay" as far as TSH and T4 go, but you'll feel like junk and stall wieght loss because your T3 is low.

I spent the past 2 hours reading about what you said.. interesting how low carb might inhibit weight loss for people with thyroid issues... so like i will make sure to include MORE GOOD carbs... more berries and more green.. because low carb should not mean NO CARB it should mean NO BAD CARBS.. you know..

i feel great though.. but like why not feel better.. anyway, my doctor says i am at a healthy weight.. so staying this way without measuring is actually my priority at this point.... but ANYTHING to help my thyoroid is good.. i also read that coffee taken with thyroid medictation is a no no. i had no idea.. i will start taking my 1 cup of coffee now 1 hour AFTER

your advice has been great.. THANK YOU
  • Nutmeg76
    Options
    Iron and calcium supplements too. I just take them at night instead.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options

I spent the past 2 hours reading about what you said.. interesting how low carb might inhibit weight loss for people with thyroid issues... so like i will make sure to include MORE GOOD carbs... more berries and more green.. because low carb should not mean NO CARB it should mean NO BAD CARBS.. you know..

i feel great though.. but like why not feel better.. anyway, my doctor says i am at a healthy weight.. so staying this way without measuring is actually my priority at this point.... but ANYTHING to help my thyoroid is good.. i also read that coffee taken with thyroid medictation is a no no. i had no idea.. i will start taking my 1 cup of coffee now 1 hour AFTER

your advice has been great.. THANK YOU

I do one or two high carb (100-150g in a day) days a week. It seems to keep my body from stalling. Sweet potatoes/yams and winter squash are a great source of carbs, too. The rest of time I try to keep carbs between 30g and 80g a day.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    No need to be sparing on Mayo if you make your own with pastured eggs and good oil. Yum. I need to do that. I've been out of mayo for a couple weeks now and have not taken the time to make more.

p.s. I stalled out on 1200 calories a day (which is what MFP said I ought to be eating to lose half a pound to a pound a week. I'm short). My weight loss picked up again when I set my calorie goal to 1500.