BMI at 32% and starting Stage 1

Options
Anyone else in my boat? I'm not starting out of no where, I have been exercising and lost 15lbs already but this is a huge struggle compared to what I've done. I complete each session still. However, I want to lose this fat the right way. I run on my days off except Sunday, which is a rest completely day except for walking the dogs.

Anyone else starting this journey really overweight like me?

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I started NROL4W 2 years ago with a BMI of 31. I'm so glad I chose to lift and eat sensibly to lose the weight. It took me a long time (I don't like eating at a deficit), but I am smaller at this weight than I was before I gained the weight.
    Take your time and make it a lifelong commitment. Good luck!
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
  • Elainaf
    Elainaf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you but I am on Stage 5. I haven't lost any weight yet but I have put on a lot of muscle. I hope I am able to lose the weight. Not sure where you carry your extra weight but mine is all in my stomach. I really hope I can lose this weight I have 30- 40 pounds to lose. Let me know of your progress.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! Same BMI. Ugh. I've done this program before forever ago, but I really need to get in shape and actually dedicate myself to doing this. I have about 50 to lose... so let's see where this takes me.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 of stage 1 - - scale has not budged, measurements do not seem to have changed however my pants are feeling a little looser so I am trying my best to be patient and just let things happen. I have about 30 lbs I would like to lose so I am really hoping for some good results. My eating has been good...I just have to to be patient!
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I started NROL4W this past April, my BMI was 39%. I am almost done with stage 3. I've taken a little longer to complete my stages because of injury, vacations, life in general, but thats OK, I never stopped, always made it to the gym at least twice a week.
    My current BMI is 31%. So HELL Yes, you can start at 32%!
    I've lost about 25 pounds since starting this program. It is a tough balance to try and lose weight at the same time fueling your body for those workouts. But I am doing slowly and feel amazing!