Anyone Success Stories on PALEO ?

Options
I would love to hear anyone who has had great Success with PALEO in specifically maintaining their goal weight +/- a few lbs.. for at least 1 year and how they went about Maintenance.. and How you are doing today..

This is what most interests me... I hope I can find some of you out their :) !!!

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Peek at the very first thread in this forum
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1092470-success-stories

personally been paleo for 2.5 years. At first I worried about lbs - but now I worry about being indestructible.
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Peek at the very first thread in this forum
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1092470-success-stories

personally been paleo for 2.5 years. At first I worried about lbs - but now I worry about being indestructible.

NICE!!!
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I started paleo in August 2009. I lost about 50 pounds in six monhts and maintained that until I got pregnant with my son in 2011. After my son I have stryggled a bit to get back to my lowest weight, but this is mainly because I have a thyroid condition that was not being properly maintained by my old doctor. I am at about a 24 pound loss from where I was when I started eating this way and I am still maintaining that at this point. My goal is to get back to 145-150 once I can get back to working out since having surgery in June.
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    I started paleo in August 2009. I lost about 50 pounds in six monhts and maintained that until I got pregnant with my son in 2011. After my son I have stryggled a bit to get back to my lowest weight, but this is mainly because I have a thyroid condition that was not being properly maintained by my old doctor. I am at about a 24 pound loss from where I was when I started eating this way and I am still maintaining that at this point. My goal is to get back to 145-150 once I can get back to working out since having surgery in June.

i have thyroid as well.. and also low metabolism due to calorie restriction my whole life.. so this might take a while.. since i switched from low calorie to paleo.. i am eating more calories.. but since i ate so little before. i must thank my lucky stars i am not gaining weight right? because i AM eating more... i am so glad to get rid of the sugar and white starch. i dont even miss it...
    my struggle is getting easier as i dont have to suffer to maintain anymore.. maybe once i am like this for a year then i can attempt to lose the 5 lbs.. because right now, the paleo is just helping me maintain.. which is a succes in itself..

yesterday everyone around me was eating pancakes and syrup and i did NOT EVEN crave it for a second.. i had a salad with blue cheese and avocado and chicken.. and olive oil and it was delicious and well... EASY you know...
    i read this.. and this might help me more http://www.chewfo.com/diets/your-personal-paleo-code-by-chris-kresser-2013-food-list/ i am going to memorize it...
  • Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I went straight from 1000-1200 calories a day before paleo to 1800-2400 a day and lost 10 pounds in the first month. Right now i am pretty sedentary and I can still eat more than you are eating a lose weight.

Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE? If not you should. Then try eating at the midline of that calculation for a month without getting on the scale. That way if you do gain a little bit it won't freak you out. After the 30 days your body should be ready to go. You really need to focus on health and not weight. Your mindset is that of someone with an eating disorder. I know many women that do well with paleo as a way to help their ED, but they all say the same thing that they need to let it go.
  • maria_antoinette
    Options
    I went straight from 1000-1200 calories a day before paleo to 1800-2400 a day and lost 10 pounds in the first month. Right now i am pretty sedentary and I can still eat more than you are eating a lose weight.

Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE? If not you should. Then try eating at the midline of that calculation for a month without getting on the scale. That way if you do gain a little bit it won't freak you out. After the 30 days your body should be ready to go. You really need to focus on health and not weight. Your mindset is that of someone with an eating disorder. I know many women that do well with paleo as a way to help their ED, but they all say the same thing that they need to let it go.

the bmr and tdee its between 1200-1400 (sucks right).. its because of my height and age.. its been so great to keep my weight all these years.. but this time i am determined to not let it creep up. in the past i just feel like thin because i look great and then i let go of weighing myself and the scale and always in a few months, my clothes dont fit.. and then i have to go back.. i am eating more right now and love it.. i mean i dont eat bad anyway, why should my clothes not fit.. i am ALL ABOUT not weighing or logging in... but this time i am just tired of getting to that 10 lbs gain..

if i could just literally stay like this without LOGGING and weighing,.. i am all for it.. right now ITS WORKING.. i am giving it 6 months.. by that time i will use to eating more and i will KNOW for a fact i wont gain.. and then i will be done with this ...

its an experiment