New healthy habits!

Options
coquinat
coquinat Posts: 49 Member
Hey everyone! I want to ask you what healthy habits will you build to help you reach your goal?

I'm committed to drinking water, because I've not been getting enough H2O, and have been drinking only while working out.

I also began doing push ups. I said to my workout buddy Vivian that I would like to but can't do them. She told me "Drop and give me one right now" So we dropped, and did our push up. Then she told me to add one each day and keep going, today I did 8 push ups from my toes!

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly working on building my push-up reps back too! The most I was ever able to do in 2 minutes was 22 back in the military... would love to be able to at least do 10 in a row again. Good luck!

I'm really watching my sodium intake now, both to reduce blood pressure and not look so bloated.
  • BzNova
    BzNova Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im working on my water. SO bought me a really cute wonder woman cup to use, im out of lemons....so today has been boring water and making myself drink.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Giving up caffeine for 100% water... this one isn't going to be easy, but I need to do it!

Also, walking more. Walk walk walk.

My new fitbit should show up next week so that's going to help. I washed my old zip one too many times... upgrading to a flex. Hope it holds up better, lol
  • mchristo918
    Options
    I just added 2 days of Kettlebell circuits to my week. I've only done it twice, so I'm sticking with that and intend to make it a habit. So far, so good!

A water tip: I drink about a gallon of water a day. I bought a special cup with a straw and lid so I could just sit the cup in front of me and mindlessly sip on it while typing, watching TV, driving, etc. It's so easy when there is no lid or cap to screw back on. Just a silly tip that works for me that might work for someone else. :)
  • bluehorn74
    bluehorn74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Doing Zumba once a week, drinking more water, logging my activity regularly food and exercise.
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm recently (as of two days ago) started low carb. I went from 250+++ carbs to 105 carbs day one to 77 carbs day two to 68 as of today. Also starting week 3 of T25
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Keeping my water intake up and lessening the carbonation drinks again...I had quit for a while and then had one once in a blue moon, but lately I've been drinking them almost daily again!

Getting enough good sleep!

exercising less sporadically and more consistently!
  • MaDwItNeWfLaVa
    MaDwItNeWfLaVa Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im going to try to add more fruits and veggies into my diet! And get to my protien goal everyday.
  • Ashtalia
    Ashtalia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am going to slow down on the sweets and eat more veggies. I really don't eat enough of them.
  • kendylmarrs
    Options
    I'm planning on drinking more water and not eating after 8pm or so. Basically I need to stop snacking in front of the TV after dinner! Less sweets and more healthy snacks during the day too!
  • katttt13
    Options
    I am trying to skate every day. Also I only drink water now, maybe once a week have a can of coke. I went from drinking almost a 2 litter bottle of coke a day to drinking one can a week. Currently trying to cut out all candy.
  • imducky20
    imducky20 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To eat less carbs and more veggies.

To exercise more in the evening even if it's for a few minutes.
  • bronizzle
    bronizzle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have an UP band, and have been committed to walking 20,000 steps 5 times a week:)
    Also, like most others, drinking 9 glasses of water!

My biggest accomplishment thus far has been committing to a sober lifestyle:) I have gone close to 2 months without drinking ( I used to drink 1-3 glasses of wine a night or 3 beers)!
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've not been doing well at staying under my calorie goal for quite a while now, so I hope to get back in the habit of doing that. Also, I need to make myself drink more water. I've been drinking more coffee and pop, and I need to cut down on that a little.
  • nifeadi
    nifeadi Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been drinking more water! Now I am drinking 34 oz of water mixed in with 2 TBS of apple cider vinegar which aids in weight loss and flushes out toxins.
  • michele89
    michele89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating after 7PM and have been snacking a lot less while at work. These are both huge for me because even when I saw that I had extra calories for the day, I'd eat late at night and I've noticed it has affected my weight loss a lot. Food is always around at work as well, and I'm practicing some self-control. Sometimes it's really hard!
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm going to workout everyday

Drink at least 8 cups of water a day

carry a water bottle around with me

eat healthier
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have an UP band, and have been committed to walking 20,000 steps 5 times a week:)
    Also, like most others, drinking 9 glasses of water!

My biggest accomplishment thus far has been committing to a sober lifestyle:) I have gone close to 2 months without drinking ( I used to drink 1-3 glasses of wine a night or 3 beers)!

I just want to say: good for you! I was very impressed when I saw you have been sober for so long. Really great job!!!

As for me, I will cut out fast foods and sugary snacks from my diet (or enjoy in moderation), and eat more veggies and lean proteins! I will stop eating food just for the taste of it, or when I'm stressed.

Good luck, everyone! Those sexy costumes are waiting for us ;-)
  • mswoodsy
    mswoodsy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I park at the BACK of parking lots, for a few bonus steps to the door.
    I never ask my husband to "grab that pen for me", I get off my butt and do it myself!
    I stand for house chores I used to sit for (folding laundry, etc...)
    I prefill and chill my water for the day so any time i open the fridge its a reminder of how much I have left.

Also, joined a couple challenges to keep me on my toes.