Army Run 2014

Options
catic32
catic32 Posts: 105 Member
Who's doing the Army run this year? 5K or 1/2 marathon? Is it your first race? What are you looking forward to most about the run?

Replies

• One2Run
    One2Run Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the army half, it will be my second. Hoping for a pb again this year. Had a very inspiring talk from one of the soldiers at Soldier On at our run club recently. Hope the weather holds out again this year.
  • BooOttawa
    BooOttawa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my families 4th year. My 6 year old outran me last year as I was doing intervals. :laugh: I am hoping that I can at least keep up with him. Bummed that I start a "couch to 5km" program and got 2 plantar faciistis so I am restricted to biking and light walks for now.
  • Baldheadracing
    Baldheadracing Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Doing it as my first-ever 5km.
  • SSmall101
    SSmall101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It will be my first army run, have done a few other 5ks. Hoping do better looks like a lot of people in it.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Can't wait! I normally do the half-marathon, but doing the 5k this year... trying to get a new PB- a sub-20 5k. We'll see how it goes! See you there!
  • Lotusgirlruns
    Lotusgirlruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great to hear all the excitement for the Army Run!! As someone who spent 25 years in the Armed Forces, I am very proud to run! I will be doing the half, in preparation for the Chicago Marathon on Thanksgiving Weekend. Yay!!!!!!
  • SSmall101
    SSmall101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So who's wearing the Army run shirt to the race on Sunday? I picked mine up yesterday, but have heard you shouldn't wear till you complete it. However I have been to other events and it looks like a 50/50 split.