One Week Down | How Ya Doing???

Options
secostley
secostley Posts: 409 Member
Team:

The first week of the August Challenge is in the books! I want to hear about how you're doing after Week 1. Please take a minute to answer the following.

1. Aug 1st was a Friday. Has your weight gone up or down this week and by how much (just give your weight lost or gained)

2. Give me one testimonial about what went right this week.

3. Give me one testimonial about what went wrong this week.

4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?

I'll start.

1. Between my 1 Aug starting weight and today, I have lost 2.4 lbs. I'm a little over half-way to my end of month goal.

2. What went right this week for me was that with that weight loss I was also able to reduce my body fat. I'm now at the lowest body weight and body fat percentage in about two years.

3. What went wrong this week was I didn't get all of my workouts in.

4. My biggest challenge has been the temptation to eat sweets late at night or to eat junk food late. My body was SCREAMING for a Snickers Ice Cream Cone a few days ago. I pacified myself with some grapes.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Shawn

Replies

• FightingFATtoFightingFIT
    Options
    1. Aug 1st was a Friday. Has your weight gone up or down this week and by how much (just give your weight lost or gained) - Down by 1.4 lbs

2. Give me one testimonial about what went right this week.
    I went out for dinner this evening. Was able to stay away from alcohol, rice and dessert ( avoiding dessert and staying within my calories are both part of my clean eating challenge)

3. Give me one testimonial about what went wrong this week.
    Luckily nothing has qone wrong so far, have been able to resist all the food items that were on my clean eating list. However, I wish I could cut down on my carb intake, have been over my macros for most days this week :(

4. What has been your biggest challenge so far?
    Eating enough protein & meeting my daily calorie intake without going over for carbs.

Shawn, thank you for starting this challenge and keeping me motivated. It has helped me stay on track, specially tonight while I was at a party with family & friends & was surrounded by yummy food, alcohol and tons of dessert!
  • MotherDearest2023
    MotherDearest2023 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. down 2.2 lbs

2. we went out to dinner last night and I had salad with grilled salmon. I normally would have gone for a steak with all the yummy extras like mashed potatoes, gravy etc.

3. I had one really bad day where I went to burger king and had a chicken sandwich and onion ring. Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately I am totally aware of what triggered it.

4. biggest challenges are evening cravings for chips or pretzels, just junk food in general. I normally try to go to sleep and it works pretty good.

I love this challenge. It keeps me more on track then I would have thought! I feel myself eating much more mindful. Thinking about every bite before I actually take it. :) Still got way to go though!
  • Maxibris
    Maxibris Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    1. down 0lbs (boooo)

2. Eating cleaner at work and planning most of my meals.

3. I had an unscheduled cheat day on Monday and yesterday since I hadn't planned dinner I had a smoked meat sandwich with a few fries and a cherry coke. I was starving and instead of cooking something healthy I let my BF take me out. pretty annoyed with myself.

4. Getting in my workouts has been difficult. I work 12 hour shifts so on days that I work I don't make it to the gym.