90 yr old completes competitive 200m Fly!!!

Options
AquaticQuests
AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
I will just post the link.
No words ...
www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/history-made-at-masters-world-champs-90-year-old-oldest-female-to-complete-200-fly/

Replies

• ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    l love this kind of stuff. I watched Russ Witte set the U.S. record for 200 yard breaststroke in the men's 95-99 year age group a couple of years ago. I won't even swim a 200 breast!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That's just brilliant. Thank you so much for posting.

I still can't manage more than 30m of fly at a time - but as this lady showed its never too late.
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What's even more impressive is this was done long course. That's rough for anybody!
  • AquaticQuests
    Options
    Been taking a peek at the Swimming Masters world championship times for 2010 (even for the 85-89 age group)! *gulp* Well at least I picked the right sport if 99 year old athletes can still post such respectable times!
  • AquaticQuests
    edited March 2015
    Options
    70 year old swimming a 100 in 1:02
    That's about 15 sec per 25! My word!
    http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/rich-abrahams-breaks-masters-world-records/
    The day I will be able to swim a 100m in 1:02 will be a day of frenzied and joyous celebration like the world has never seen! LOL!
    Well I've got some years of training ahead to get it done by 70, should the good Lord allow me to live to see 70.