PiYo Fusion Week 2

Options
ATyghter
ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
It's been a little quiet on the home front. I hope you're all doing well. I didn't see very much activity in the group this week so I'm holding off on the 3 Day Refresh Giveaway until September likely when everyone is done vacationing and taking time off. I hope you're finding ways to stay accountable and continue on your journey!

Week 2's challenges are as follows:

1) Mind - Remember why you started! Reflect on why you started your journey and think about all of the reasons to keep going. Why are you doing this? Why do you want to be fit and healthy? What motivates you?

2) Nutrition - Did you stick to a meal plan at all this week? How did it go? This week Try a raw food meal - NOTHING COOKED FOR 1 MEAL. Why? Eating raw food protects the micronutrients, enzymes and minerals in any given food. This will allow you to reap maximum nutritional benefits from your meal -- Hint hint, a salad counts!

3) Fitness - Plank challenge - by the end of this week, I want you to complete 5 minutes of plank (it doesn't have to be consecutively). Break it up into small chunks 30 second plank here, 10 second plank there... it all adds up! If you can't do a full plank, modify it and try it on your knees.

Best of luck this week.

Let's try and help each other out... post about your day, your week, your hour... whatever! The more we check-in the more on track we'll stay.

Replies

• AWillia222
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

1) Mind & 2) Nutrition
    My life got busier than usual last week, and my routine fitness schedule was no more!
    I missed some of my regularly scheduled evening workouts due to some other commitments, and wasn't really able to make up for them at an alternate time. BUT thankfully, my nutrition and eating habits were NOT compromised.
    I mentally made an EXTRA effort when choosing what to eat and on my portions.
    Although I attended two family BBQ's on the weekend, I chose the healhier options, took the samller piece of burger meat, and filled up on green salads and had bite sized desserts! I LOVE me some desserts, so having bit sized portions was a challenge, and a successful one for me :)
    I also took advantage of the fact that one of the BBQ's was a pool party, so I made sure to get my swim on!

I am going to try a complete raw food meal without adding any dips or dressings!
    Now THAT'S a challenge for me cuz I love sauces and COOKED meat lol

QUESTION:
    When I think raw food, I immediately think of just eating raw fruits and vegetables, but what are some other examples of raw foods/meal ideas Aly?
    Nuts? If so, what kinds?

3) Fitness - Plank challenge
    I tend to forget how intense, but great planks are until I have to do one as part of a fitness class.
    I don't think I voluntarily do a plank during my home workouts, so I look forward to this challenge this week!
    Thanks Aly!
  • ATyghter
    ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
    Options

QUESTION:
    When I think raw food, I immediately think of just eating raw fruits and vegetables, but what are some other examples of raw foods/meal ideas Aly?
    Nuts? If so, what kinds?

There are tons of raw food ideas! I know you like to bake so there are even raw food dessert options:
    Here are two of my favs - (Brownie) http://www.mynewroots.org/site/2011/04/the-raw-brownie-2/ and (cheesecake) http://www.mynewroots.org/site/2011/01/raw-cashew-dreamcake-2/

I do have a favourite Raw Foodie Blogger where I get most of my recipes from: Gena at Choosing Raw has amazing recipes for any time of the day! http://www.choosingraw.com/recipes/

I hope this helps!
  • babsmckenna
    babsmckenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I was doing amazing logging in to mfp then all of a sudden life just got crazy and I got lazy!

I'm doing well. Mind wise I'm still writing each evening (when I remember) something I'm thankful for. Work has been hectic. I'm thankful that I don't allow that craziness to get me off track and use it as an excuse to "go off" my plan.

Nutrition wise: I'm using shakeology each morning. Trying to eat healthy small snacks every three hours, more salads, basalmic vinegar and olive oil with a little garlic and a drop or two of agave is my dressing.

Exercise: I actually started doing piyo a few weeks ago but have not and still do not do it 6 days. However, a word of encouragement, I FEEL a difference already ladies! GO FOR IT! I have to get better at taking pics. I've only taken one. I'm going to have my daughter take one tonight.

Aly, although I'm not following the program strict, I'm feeling more energy, more strength and mentally I feel more positive.

THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS GROUP!

HAVE A GREAT PIYO WEEK 3!
  • AWillia222
    Options
    Hello!

Definitely helps!
    Thank you so much Aly!