I'm back!

Options
CrisEBTrue
CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
Maybe nobody remembers me, but that's ok.. I'm back..

It's been a busy Spring/ summer. We went on vacation in April; a 2 week river cruise.
Then in late June (having barely shed the 4 lbs I gained back on that vacation), we were off on another trip.
We did an Alaska cruise (which was a reunion for me with some school-mates), then a family reunion with my half-sister
in Washington. I hadn't seen her in 20 years.. After that, we flew to S CA to see my husband's parents.

When we got back, I was EXHAUSTED.
Seriously, wiped out. I could barely function. Add to that, that somehow I pulled a muscle in my hip which started causing spasms
in my back. AND!! While unpacking, one of my husband's dress shoes fell on my toe. OMG.

So, I was limping around like the hunchback of Notre Dame. Exercise was out of the question. I could barely move.

Of course I gained weight on vacation; not being able to move afterwards didn't help.Don't bother to look at my chart because I haven't changed it to reflect the UPwards path..

So, it's been a month since we returned. My toe is better, and my hip has finally recovered too and I'm getting back into exercising.

ha

Anyway. I am trying to get motivated AGAIN.

It's not easy.:sad: :sad:

But. I'm here.

:drinker:

Replies

• Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! :flowerforyou:

What wonderful vacations you had! WOW!!

You will be fine shedding those extra pounds - just get right back to journaling everything!! :happy:
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Cris!!! Of course we remember you, silly girl!! :heart:

What an exciting summer you've had - how fun! Well except for the hip and shoe dropping and hunchback stuff :bigsmile:

Can't wait to see you getting back into the swing of things and posting losses.:flowerforyou:
    -marilyn (in case you forgot me)/ ker :)

Edited to remove that 'h' from Cris' name!
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Cris, no matter how long you have been gone, and no matter how long I have been here (going on 4 yrs), motivation seems to be an issue for us both. Yesterday I put my nose to the grindstone and each day I will face that part of me that needs to get moving. It doesn't have to be intense activity, or intense calorie cutting. Do your best! Glad you wanted to be here again :)
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. It just has not been the same without you. :flowerforyou:
    Wanda
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Welcome back. I have thought about you, certainly did not forget you. Were you able to line dance at all on the cruise? Sorry about the mishaps that you suffered. Hope it's all getting better. Other than the injuries, it sounds like you had a fabulous Summer.

You will get right back in the MFP mode. We're all here to help.

Happy Trails,

Claudine
  • Welcome back. I look forward to getting to know you,
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Just take a deep breath and relax. I know myself that being upset with yourself will only hurt the process. (I'm trying to lose my vacation weight too) Take one day at a time, and keep your healthy goal in mind. You'll get there! Jo
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Summer is a double-edged sword, isn't it? You can get out more and be more active, yet at the same time, those nice weather vacations don't make it easy to stay strictly on track. But, I'm a strong believer in having a good time, so, we just have to forgive ourselves our little downfalls and get back to it when things normalize. Hmmmm...be you with all those lovely trips or stay home and eat right? I've decided, I'd rather be you!