Stop eating more in the evening *doh*

Options
Cant seem to contain myself at dinner time. I keep my plan. I just stress over my day I guess maybe exxerisze after work :( so tired.
motivation Is not my friend.

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Stress is a big problem for weight management and loss. Learn how to avoid the stress or how to resolve it quickly.

I'd suggest learning how to meditate and doing that when you get home from work instead. Practice letting go. But it can also help to talk problems or your worries through with someone. Is there a helpline you can talk to? Its probably not the best solution but it does help a lot.

Learning to meditate is a skill that takes daily practice and effort but an easy relaxing thing you could do instead is go and lie down in a pleasant place in play a relaxation tape or a meditation tape. This will focus your mind away from your worries.

When you meditate, in the way that i'm thinking of, you try to focus on your breath and no doubt there will be these intrusive thoughts over and over again about the stressful thing. If you keep at it, sometimes new insights arise but meanwhile you've been able to relax.

if you learn, do it with a real life teacher. But look for someone who is really helping you. If you start to get stagnant or find it doesn't help enough, find another teacher after you've gone as far with the one teacher as you think you can. Go to class once a week then practice at home twice a day. Once before work and once when you get home. When you are tired you won't be able to do so much.

I recommend mindfulness meditation.

Then after dinner find some other pleasant and relaxing activity to do. And go to bed early. Count your breaths til you fall asleep. It will quieten your mind and let you fall asleep more easily. If/when you are stressed this takes a bit longer than when you are relaxed. Also start your meditation or relaxation with three slow deep breaths. There is a TED talk demonstrating how this simple action reduces stress. then focus your mind on the natural rhythm of the breath. Let all your thoughts go. repeat.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I began mindful meditation this summer and i love it! I highly recommend it.