Weekly Wednesday Check In - August 13th

Options
2»

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Claudine,

As a friend of mine recently sent to me: "L'alcool ne résout pas les problèmes...mais le lait et l'eau non plus." Or translated: Alcohol doesn't solve problems...but milk and water don't either. :laugh:

Charlie

+1 :drinker:
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    ???? Hi ALL -

- just found this thread...and of course it interested me right away (being as young as I am ????) ....been on this site for quite a while and without a lot of 'loss', however I do believe that if I never got on this site I would have gained and been in a worse way than I am now.... need more motivation from a group that understand the journey that 'we' more mature folks face each day..

Thanks - have a great day! ????

Pam
  • cloeyeddie
    cloeyeddie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks for the welcome. I agree with you completely, Pamela, without the group, I know I won't be able to stick with the correct choices. In fact, that's why I chose the picture that I did - symbolizing our group holding hands, working together, being there for encouragement and congrats . And Charlie, what a great quote! wine also happens to be one of my favorite fruit groups - I'm trying to abstain most of the time (again a choice that I need to make) but when I do have it, I enjoy it.
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Charlie, I like that. My brother always says "L'alcool tue lentement, mais je ne suis pas presse." Translation "Alcohol slowly kills you but I'm not in a hurry."
    :-)
    Claudine
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I know I am a day late & yes probably a dollar short, also!!

Welcome to all of our newbies!! This is a SUPER GREAT bunch that take care of each other.

I did have a loss this week = 2.2 lb.
    But, I know I must really watch myself.

I haven't been walking but today I feel better than I have in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I can walk this evening when it cools off.

I am so totally proud of our 60'S GROUP!! :flowerforyou:

Onward and downward we go! :happy:
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in for Wednesday...

Just occurred to me, we are really stuck on those Norse gods - Thor, Woden, Freya...

Dropped a pound this week. More importantly, I'm getting in the habit of going to the gym each morning at 6am before work.

For those people that miss the gym, there are many exercises that do not require equipment. The book "You are Your Own Gym' by Mark Lauren covers every muscle you own and he is smart enough to provide alternatives so you can tone it back to within your capabilities. Sometimes I find it fun to use the fancy machines at a gym. When I use my own self, I work more muscles to maintain stability. I still refer back to that book and can keep up the workouts while visiting relatives
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi All... Happy Friday!

Wooken - I love your new duck photo. I could use that duck. It's been pouring out here for days!

Pam - Welcome! You and I started MFP about the same time. We've both hung in this long, so I know we can make progress with support from this group. They're awesome!

ukaryote - Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm going to check that out. It sounds like something I'd really like.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :happy:

Rose
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Great reminder to start the week off with...

110828.jpg

Oops, posted to the wrong topic thread...
  • bjwww7
    bjwww7 Posts: 4
    Options
    Checking in - down a little which is much better than up a little bit. I am very happy cause I felt like I was stuck. Will be working a little harder but happy to see any lost.