Roseygirl1
Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
Hi, folks!

I'm Susie, 59, and looking to keep to a Paleo diet template both for weight loss and health. I have an autoimmune condition (ankylosing spondylitis) which is a kind of arthritis of the spine and large joints. I'm currently suffering from back and hip pain. I am trying to keep active despite this. I need to lose 30 pounds and a lot of inflammation!

I hope to use this forum to keep track of how I'm doing, and get support for this return to good health.

Thank you and have a great day everybody!

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    I assume you have looked into the anti-inflammation versions of paleo? I'd make sure to get great fats, great proteins and look hard at dairy and nightshades. I often recommend people read It Starts With Food and try a whole 30 especially when they have serious symptoms.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Welcome! I second the Whole 30 suggestion. Doing that early on gave me a jumpstart in reducing arthritis pain. It did take several months to really notice a difference. I also had increased pain in my tendons and ligaments for awhile, even as my joint pain went down to almost nothing. I suspect it might have had something to do with my body detoxing.